Rupert Grint: Corpsing, Guy Candy And Bill Nighy!

30m4vvq

July 1, 2009, 7:08 AM–I have just added tons of scans to our gallery for your viewing pleasure. First of all, David Yates has contributed a beautiful article to the latest issue of the Total Film magazine. He writes about his work on the Harry Potter series, and mentions Rupert in a very affectionate tone:

There will be so many happy memories of the people I’ve worked with. Rupert Grint‘s corpsing [cracking up during a take] will stay with me for the rest of my life. He is a terrible corpser and he always tries to hide it. I was doing a shot today where he walks towards Emma — he started to go before he was within seven feet of her and then tried to hide behind her so we couldn’t see. It’s so sweet. We’re looking into how to achieve ageing up Dan, Emma and Rupert for the final epilogue in a really interesting way — seeing Dan with a bit of a paunch will be great!

View the scan in our gallery here, and there’s another scan of this feature, previously available online (things that were left out of HP movies).

Next, the UK tabloid “New” has recently run a story about Cherrybomb, and named Rupert the “Guy Candy” — we couldn’t agree more! View that scan here and here’s some Cherrybomb buzz.

You may also take a look at this new photo of Rupert and Emma Watson from a Belgian TV guide “Dag Allemaal” — according to which, there will be a Harry Potter special on Belgian VT4 channel on 1o July at 11:05pm. Rupert and Emma were interviewed by Ann Van Elsen, so if anyone can record this show, please send it to us! And thanks Laura for the scan.

There’s also a new (at least to me) behind-the-scenes shot of the Trio and David Yates (I found it in the Story magazine), so clicky here. I’ve also added gorgeous untagged scans of Rupert’s recent interview with the Mail, with photos by Ian Derry — find them here; and scans from the Tatler magazine, in which the beautiful Jessie Cave talks about her crush on Rupert, can be seen here!

Finally, TLC reports that Rupert’s Wild Target co-star and the talented rapper Bill Nighy has (finally!) joined the HP cast! He will play Rufus Scrimgeour in Deathly Hallows — yay! Thanks Holly for emailing.

UPDATE: Matthew Lewis has also mentioned Rupert in his latest interview with the LA Times. He talked about the great atmosphere on the HP set, and said:

You know when James and Oliver Phelps, who play the Weasley twins, and Rupert, who plays Ron, when they’re in scenes, a lot of the banter that they have as brothers is ad-libbed, and they can do that kind of stuff because they just get along so well.

Thanks Stephanie for the tip!

21 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Corpsing, Guy Candy And Bill Nighy!"

suzeeq
July 1st, 2009 at 7:25 AM

I love that comment from David. I can just picture Rupert (as big as he is) trying to hide behind Emma. lol

Ivana
July 1st, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Hehe, impossible!

francaise3
July 1st, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Guy Candy he is!!!! :D Love the quote from David!

francaise3
July 1st, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Oh.. and that Belgian show is suppost to air tonight, right? Hope someone in Belgium will record it1 :)

Stephanie
July 1st, 2009 at 7:35 AM

There is also a little Rupert mention in matthew Lewis’ interview with LA Times Hero Complex Blog:

“You know when James and Oliver Phelps, who play the Weasley twins, and Rupert, who plays Ron, when they’re in scenes, a lot of the banter that they have as brothers is ad-libbed, and they can do that kind of stuff because they just get along so well.”

Ivana
July 1st, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Oh cool, let me update. :)

francaise3
July 1st, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Thanks Stephanie! I also read that! It is sweet how they actually act as brothers! :)

pffff!!
July 1st, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Sorry about that but I don’t understand what Yates said. “Rupert Grint’s corpsing [cracking up during a take] will stay with me for the rest of my life. He is a terrible corpser and he always tries to hide it.” I don’t get the corpsing and corpser word: I think I understood the first one. He is terrible doing dead ppl and during one shoot he just laugh. Corpser mean he is no good playing dead!?!That’s it?!?

Ivana
July 1st, 2009 at 8:02 AM

No, that means that he starts to giggle uncontrollably during the filming… especially in scenes when he’s supposed to remain serious!

francaise3
July 1st, 2009 at 8:02 AM

No Pff… Corpsing is laughing while acting. Meaning – you have to be serious for the scene, but Rupert cant seem to suppress his giggles and starts laughing! :D Just replace word corpsing with giggling! :D

pffff!!
July 1st, 2009 at 8:08 AM

OOOh ok!! Thanks a lot girls. Seems to be a little problems for him. Matt already said it in a interview, Rup was cracking during filming.

KC
July 1st, 2009 at 8:41 AM

lol I can only imagine Rupert trying to hide behind Emma. How does that even work?! Aw, bless him.

Remember that new clip we got? We saw a bit of giggling there too. :)

wickedjo
July 1st, 2009 at 8:55 AM

aww great quote from David. I also loved Matt’s interview and what he said about creating a walk for Neville :)

Val
July 1st, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Aww what a sweetheart he is!! I wanna hug him sooo.
I wonder what scene was that one!
“…walking towards Emma” *shipper gets excited*

Is july 1st!! *squeeeee* The month is here, finally.

KC
July 1st, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Oh, crap it is July 1st. Gotta start working out before the 4th! lol back to Rupert…

Val, the shipper in me got excited too! I’m glad David shared that with us. We never really hear any funny stories about those two behind the scenes. So, thanks David! :)

Angie
July 1st, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Every time i hear about the filming for the prologue, they only mention aging Emma, Dan and Rupert. What about Bonnie? I mean Ginny is in the prologue and has an important exchange with Harry. This really makes me wonder if they are going to cut her out. They can’t that is disastrous.

Ivana
July 1st, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Nope I don’t think they’ll cut Ginny out, no way. It’s just that the press tends to focus on the Trio.
Anyway the ageing thing will be so cool! *imagines Danry with a beer belly* :D

zoz
July 1st, 2009 at 11:07 AM

i can’t imagine rupert trying to hide behind emma :) that is sooo sweet and make my R\E shipper goes like yaaaaaa
sorry i can’t help it
and someone plz try to get their interview

Carolyn
July 1st, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Aaahhh…waking up to an abundance of news. Yay! Rupert trying to hide behind Emma- endearing and hilarious. And why do they need to give Harry a paunch? He’s only 36. Well, better him than Ron. :D And Rupert, the third Phelps brother. So cute. Two more weeks people! Two.More.Weeks.

KC
July 1st, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Rupert and Emma doesn’t look to happy in that pic. lol :D

July 1st, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Bill Nighy in HP AT LAST!! YAAAAAAAY!! :D

I have the biggest smile on my face!! ^^

Newer Comments »