Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!

28km3yo1Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!June 20, 2009, 3:25pm–Rupert Grint will be a judge on the Young Artist Critic Competition where those 18 and under will be judged on whether they can be a critic! Rupert, of course, will be judging the film part of the competition. The article can be found at The Guardian and Rupert’s PR team say yes he will judge but won’t actually be appearing. For those interested in the competition you can find out all the details here! Rupert is quoted on the website about how to be a critic!

Rupert Grint, actor
Judge in the film category

Film critics should stick to critiquing an actor’s performance: some of them are far too obsessed with the superficial – with people’s appearance – and there’s nothing worse than a critic being bitchy. Some can be really unkind, and it’s just not fun to read, especially if it’s you they’re writing about. Even if you have 10 really good reviews, it’s the one bad one that sticks in your mind.

A critic really has to know their stuff. If you’re writing about film, see as many movies as you can. Making comparisons with other films helps the reader build a mental picture of what this new film is like. Have an open, varied taste, and be receptive to new creative ideas.

We also want you to know that if you haven’t headed over to the Cherrybomb Petition sitelately, we have a new petition challenge! The current challenge is to send in letters to Elle Girl magazine! Please let us know if you’ve done so either on the forums or on the CB petition website!

28 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!"

wickedjo
June 20th, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I agree, he’s so smart and can be serious, it’s sad that some people think otherwise. this certainly prooves them wrong.

June 20th, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Rupert knows how to be considered smart without trying. He just comes in with one of those moments where he’s deep, thoughtful, and just plain right. lol I mean, that’s what critics are suppose to do and they don’t!

Jo
June 20th, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Guys Rupert’s PR team informed me that he probably won’t actually be making any appearances, he’s just judging. I just love Rupert’s style because he isn’t this big mouthed person over doing things with words. He just says stuff when it needs to be said and it is always meaningful and everybody listens when he does say it.

June 20th, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Ah, not unsurprising, but I like to make sure about these things. 🙂

Laura
June 20th, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Not surprising Jo, I’m already glad to hear he’s involved in the first place.

Guh I want promotion to start. I wanna see him!
I wonder which shows he’ll be on.

AJ
June 20th, 2009 at 8:12 PM

“Guh I want promotion to start. I wanna see him!”

*chants*

Me too, Me too….

*listening to Roncast*

Emma
July 13th, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Lol he probably had just read a really mean review of him before he said this 🙂

GRACINHA
October 14th, 2009 at 10:27 AM

HÁ MUITOS CRITICOS IMBECIS!NÃO SABEM NEM O QUE FALAM!SÓ QUEREM MIDIA PARA APARECER!!FALAM O QUE VEM A CABEÇA !TOTALMENTE NADA DE PROFISSIONALISMO.ELES TEM MUITO QUE APRENDER COM NOSSO RUPERT GRINT!PARABÉNS!VOCÊ É O CARA!DESDE QUANDO O LUCAS É MAIS BONITO QUE O MALACHY EM CHERRY BOMB??COITADOS O LUCAS PODE SER MAIS ALTO MAIS É BEM MENOS ATRATIVO QUE MALACHY COM CERTEZA .(PALAVRA FEMININA).SÓ PODIA SER HOMEM E INVEJOSO AO FALAR ISSO DO RUPERT!RUPERT IS FANTASTIC!

« Older Comments