Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!

28km3yo1Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!June 20, 2009, 3:25pm–Rupert Grint will be a judge on the Young Artist Critic Competition where those 18 and under will be judged on whether they can be a critic! Rupert, of course, will be judging the film part of the competition. The article can be found at The Guardian and Rupert’s PR team say yes he will judge but won’t actually be appearing. For those interested in the competition you can find out all the details here! Rupert is quoted on the website about how to be a critic!

Rupert Grint, actor
Judge in the film category

Film critics should stick to critiquing an actor’s performance: some of them are far too obsessed with the superficial – with people’s appearance – and there’s nothing worse than a critic being bitchy. Some can be really unkind, and it’s just not fun to read, especially if it’s you they’re writing about. Even if you have 10 really good reviews, it’s the one bad one that sticks in your mind.

A critic really has to know their stuff. If you’re writing about film, see as many movies as you can. Making comparisons with other films helps the reader build a mental picture of what this new film is like. Have an open, varied taste, and be receptive to new creative ideas.

We also want you to know that if you haven’t headed over to the Cherrybomb Petition sitelately, we have a new petition challenge! The current challenge is to send in letters to Elle Girl magazine! Please let us know if you’ve done so either on the forums or on the CB petition website!

28 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Judge Young Artist Critic Competition!"

June 20th, 2009 at 3:39 PM

LOL I hope I have that right. I’m pretty certain it’s a competition of youngsters critiquing different categories and then Rupert and his fellow judges will judge how these young people critique.

Laura
June 20th, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Omg did you read Rupert’s quote about critics? he says bitchy!hahaha….but his advice and comment a very effective.

wickedjo
June 20th, 2009 at 3:53 PM

these is really cool although I wonder if it’s going to be like that other thing he was going to be a judge of, never heard more about that…

wickedjo
June 20th, 2009 at 3:58 PM

wow I love his quote, so cool, thanks Laura. I wonder if he feels bad when he reads reviews like those about him? πŸ™

June 20th, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Oh, look at me… I forgot to add a quote! Damn. I didn’t realize there was one. Now I have to add it. πŸ˜›

June 20th, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I wonder if this has to do with the one review on Cherrybomb where they said it was unimaginable that the girl would go for Malachy when they had Luke who was taller and crap like that. I mean, honestly. He is right. What does that have to do with the movie or anyone’s performance? Men have the worse habit of not knowing that women aren’t as superficial as them as well. We’re going to go for the guy for his kindness, not his attractiveness! πŸ˜›

Jo
June 20th, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I was going to say……where is the quote! Proves my point as I always said Rupert cares what people think about his acting and such. I mean some fans assume because he is laid back that he isn’t bothered by those things, but he is only human and takes his works seriously.

FugitiveStar
June 20th, 2009 at 4:23 PM

THANK YOU, Rupert for saying what I’ve been saying ever since I entered the HP fandom!

People can offer honest opinions without resorting to bitchiness. In fact, when bitchiness enters the critique, it instantly lowers the value of the critique because then it’s not coming form an objective evaluation, it’s coming from bias and prejudice.

Andrea
June 20th, 2009 at 4:25 PM

“A critic really has to know their stuff. If you’re writing about film, see as many movies as you can. Making comparisons with other films helps the reader build a mental picture of what this new film is like. Have an open, varied taste, and be receptive to new creative ideas”

I admire him!!!!
And those words inspire me πŸ™‚
God blesses him
And thank you guys

(Back to work :(( )

Laura
June 20th, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Rupert certainly ain’t no fool. Though I knew that for a very long time.

AJ
June 20th, 2009 at 4:33 PM

RUPERT MUST ACT!!!

That is all….

Laura
June 20th, 2009 at 4:36 PM

hahahaha AJ…..gotta say: LOVED you on the podcast. You were just too funny.

DKG
June 20th, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Why does the fact that Rupert uttering the word “bitchy” turn me on?

AJ
June 20th, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Awww, thanks…

Don’t all of this Rupert goodness make you wanna clap like a wet seal?

rose3
June 20th, 2009 at 4:53 PM

haha, i can’t believe rupert said bitchy! i had to read that line a few times.
his comment makes me understand him better as far as how seriously he takes his job, that he does listen to critics to better himself. good luck with being a jugde!

KC
June 20th, 2009 at 4:56 PM

hehe… I’ve never heard Rupert curse… like in general. I can’t stop giggling… hehe…

Jo
June 20th, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I love his serious side. It’s so hot.

DKG
June 20th, 2009 at 5:14 PM

His serious side is causing some global meltdown, indeed.

Carolyn
June 20th, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Rupert is one smart cookie. He knows his stuff. And “critics” can learn from him. I hope he knows that all the love we have for him can wash away all those “bitchy” critics and their vile words. I love that he said bitchy, too. πŸ˜€

Val
June 20th, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Rupert smartness is hot as hell.
Just imagine him in a suit with some glasses, Tony style hair, in a desk in this one big office and tall windows, laying back in this leather chair.

yes AJ.. we totally convert to wet seals cappling!! haha

Newer Comments »