Samuel L. Jackson Invites Rupert Grint To Charity Event

May 27, 2009, 7:50 AM– First, we saw Rupert Grint wearing his leather jacket in Empire Magazine, and now word is out that he is friends with none other than Shaft himself, Samuel L. Jackson! The Press Association is reporting that Samuel L. Jackson will host a charity event in London on June 11th and has invited some of his celebrity friends, including our very own Rupert Grint. The event, being thrown to raise money for The Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity, will include a luxury ball at the Hurlingham Club and day full of Rupert’s favorite past time, golfing, at the London Golf Club.

There is no confirmation yet as to whether Rupert can accept this invitation or not since he is busy shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but we will be sure to get that information to you as soon as possible.

Update: TLC has reported that a new Half Blood Prince video game trailer has been released by EA and can be seen via IGN. In this trailer, you can see lovely visuals of the grounds of Hogwarts and Ron weilding his wand!!! Enjoy!

28 Comments to "Samuel L. Jackson Invites Rupert Grint To Charity Event"

May 27th, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Dang, Man United lost to Barca…
*iz depressed*

May 27th, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Oh, Ivana, I watched and was thinking on you all the time!
I’d like too much that my Palmeiras could play again this year with Manchester U.! 🙁

May 27th, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Oh well, I guess United can’t win all the time… At least they lost to Barcelona, an awesome team indeed.

May 27th, 2009 at 6:52 PM

“Well, I’m just hoping to siphon some of your coolness onto myself, Carolyn. Hope you don’t mind.”

Woman please! You are cool all on your own. 🙂

May 27th, 2009 at 7:07 PM

maybe they are just acquaintances on the golf course not actually friends.

May 27th, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Yes, I think that the word “friends” is said loosely. Like Carol Burnett and Friends…’s more of a saying.

But, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to see Samuel L. Jackson and Rupert doing some golfing together, cause eversince I saw Samuel doing Iconoclasts on the Sundance Channel with Bill Russell and they were playing golf. I’ve wanted this. And I hope to see pics of them together….*guh*

I remember when Rupert had that Pulp Fiction shirt.

I would love for Rupert to do Iconoclasts with someone, but it’s often with someone of another field, so it might be a musician instead of an actor. I wonder who he’d be paired with?

May 27th, 2009 at 10:45 PM

That’s fancy and bloody awesome too! And is charity after all, i’m so proud |o| 😀 Would be awesome if he could attend,i’ll be crossing fingers here |o|

May 28th, 2009 at 5:48 PM