Samuel L. Jackson Invites Rupert Grint To Charity Event

2u4ojmx

May 27, 2009, 7:50 AM– First, we saw Rupert Grint wearing his leather jacket in Empire Magazine, and now word is out that he is friends with none other than Shaft himself, Samuel L. Jackson! The Press Association is reporting that Samuel L. Jackson will host a charity event in London on June 11th and has invited some of his celebrity friends, including our very own Rupert Grint. The event, being thrown to raise money for The Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity, will include a luxury ball at the Hurlingham Club and day full of Rupert’s favorite past time, golfing, at the London Golf Club.

There is no confirmation yet as to whether Rupert can accept this invitation or not since he is busy shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but we will be sure to get that information to you as soon as possible.

Update: TLC has reported that a new Half Blood Prince video game trailer has been released by EA and can be seen via IGN. In this trailer, you can see lovely visuals of the grounds of Hogwarts and Ron weilding his wand!!! Enjoy!

28 Comments to "Samuel L. Jackson Invites Rupert Grint To Charity Event"

ronja
May 27th, 2009 at 8:25 AM

samuel l. freaking Jackson???? That is so awesome! I never heard of this news before! Where on earth did they meet? It sounds unbelievable, but I do hope this news is true

Dunigan
May 27th, 2009 at 8:30 AM

maybe they met on a golf course sometime since they are both avid golfers

i hope Rupert can attend and we get some more hot golfing pics from him. i am sure Sam would get a kick out of Rupert’s pimped out golf cart haha

Ivana
May 27th, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Bloody brilliant!

francaise3
May 27th, 2009 at 8:33 AM

I really hope he can attend! Charity and golf with one hit! :) Perfect!

Ivana
May 27th, 2009 at 8:49 AM

This event is like two weeks away, but let’s hope now Rupert shows his pretty face tomorrow @ the Empire Magazine charity auction! That would be awesome!

Carolyn
May 27th, 2009 at 9:07 AM

The news just keeps getting cooler. See, he’s getting more and more recognition and will be doing more and more events and things. At least he’s being asked. His schedule will be more flexible after DH. We just have to be patient and everything will fall into place.

talley
May 27th, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I was reading thinking how the heck does he know Rupert. Then they mentioned golfing and I went aha! I remember Rupert met Michael Douglas once at a golfing event (think with the twins) so I’m sure he saw Jackson at least once. I know nothing is confirmed but heck if he’s mentioned in a press release this late in the game I’d think Rupert would be for sure going. Is excited for him. And we know Rupert participates in charities such as this cause, so that makes it even more cool to me. :)

aquarian
May 27th, 2009 at 9:52 AM

It’s official. Rupert’s got major swag :)

Cookimonstress
May 27th, 2009 at 10:18 AM

This is great! I hope he can attend.

Lilly
May 27th, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Nooooooo, Samuel L. Jackson?
Coolest of the coolest things I ever heard about Rupert!! Well, and Samuel, too!
My mind conections:

Rupert>>>>Samuel>>>>Quentin>>>>a movie!!! :D

Pleaaasssee Rupert go, go, go!
And remember Rup, Samuel “doesn’t give foot massages to guys”! ;)

Laura
May 27th, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Rupert is friends with the Shaft? Awesome, I hope he’ll be able to attend. Golf and for a good cause….

galadriel12
May 27th, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Samuel L. is sooo cooool. Great he’s friends with Rupert (who is cool too of course ;) )

I think he might attend. It’s a charity after all and HBP promotion is heating up so WB could consider it a good thing. Can you imagine Rupert at a ‘luxury ball’? Wearing a tux or a suit like at the BAFTA’s once? Awwwwww.

May 27th, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Samuel L. Jackson? If I may repeat someone from Belfast when seeing a certain Blag picture:

“WHOOOOAAA!!! RRRRRRuuupert!!!”

Jo
May 27th, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I am a huge fan of Samuel. He’s been in some of the most amazing movies and he’s good friend with Tarantino. Plus Sam does love Golf. He is obsessed with it. This is so cool man.

FugitiveStar
May 27th, 2009 at 2:20 PM

That would be awesome if Rupert can attend. I’ve always loved Samuel, he’s amazing. And now I love him even more, knowing he’s friends with Rupert, according to this article. But it makes sense. Cool people seem to gravitate toward each other.

DKG
May 27th, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Sammy and Rupert.
FOCKING AWESOME.

Please let this be true!!!

wickedjo
May 27th, 2009 at 2:41 PM

wow everything about this is so cool! love samuel l jackson and it’s so great that it’s for a good cause and we all know how Rupert loves golfing so I hope he can attend :D

Carolyn
May 27th, 2009 at 3:25 PM

“Cool people seem to gravitate toward each other.”

Which explains us, eh Soph?

FugitiveStar
May 27th, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Well, I’m just hoping to siphon some of your coolness onto myself, Carolyn. Hope you don’t mind. :D

BB Tuna
May 27th, 2009 at 4:12 PM

If the WB is smart, they will make the time for Rupert to attend this. Rupert going to a charity hosted by Samuel L. Jackson…you can’t ask for better publicity for HBP then that!! Lol.

I think he’ll go. I hope he dose, if for no other reason I think its something that he as a person (not the famous actor) really cares about doing. So I can see him making it a priority.

Ivana
May 27th, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Dang, Man United lost to Barca…
*iz depressed*

Lilly
May 27th, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Oh, Ivana, I watched and was thinking on you all the time!
I’d like too much that my Palmeiras could play again this year with Manchester U.! :(

Ivana
May 27th, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Oh well, I guess United can’t win all the time… At least they lost to Barcelona, an awesome team indeed.

Carolyn
May 27th, 2009 at 6:52 PM

“Well, I’m just hoping to siphon some of your coolness onto myself, Carolyn. Hope you don’t mind.”

Woman please! You are cool all on your own. :)

brittany
May 27th, 2009 at 7:07 PM

maybe they are just acquaintances on the golf course not actually friends.

AJ
May 27th, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Yes, I think that the word “friends” is said loosely. Like Carol Burnett and Friends…..it’s more of a saying.

But, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to see Samuel L. Jackson and Rupert doing some golfing together, cause eversince I saw Samuel doing Iconoclasts on the Sundance Channel with Bill Russell and they were playing golf. I’ve wanted this. And I hope to see pics of them together….*guh*

I remember when Rupert had that Pulp Fiction shirt.

I would love for Rupert to do Iconoclasts with someone, but it’s often with someone of another field, so it might be a musician instead of an actor. I wonder who he’d be paired with?

Verônica
May 27th, 2009 at 10:45 PM

That’s fancy and bloody awesome too! And is charity after all, i’m so proud |o| :D Would be awesome if he could attend,i’ll be crossing fingers here |o|

May 28th, 2009 at 5:48 PM