Exclusive: Michelle’s Harry Potter Exhibition Report!

hpnews1

May 2, 2009, 11:21 AM–In keeping with the wave of Rupert Grint and Harry Potter news, we now have an exclusive report of the Harry Potter exhibition for your reading pleasure.
As you know, ICM was one of the few fansites who were invited to get an exclusive sneak preview of the Harry Potter exhibition, the day before it was open to the public! Staffer Michelle was whisked by train to Chicago, Illinois, to the Museum of Science and Industry, to bring you a massive report on what she saw! Read her beautifully written and exceptionally detailed review here.

Michelle also participated in the roundtable discussion, and we will have a full transcript of that session available in a few days.

If you plan on traveling to Chicago to visit the exhibit, it’s highly advisable to purchase your tickets online beforehand. Tickets to this history-making event are in high demand and sell very quickly! You may purchase them at the Museum of Science and History’s site here. In addition, Michelle and representatives of other visiting fansites were told by the exhibition’s creators that if you want to avoid the massive crowds, you might want to visit the exhibit early in the week (for example on Monday or Wednesday). Of course, if you live nowhere near Chicago, have no worries because the exhibit will be touring many other cities and countries in the forthcoming five years!

Oh, and do not forget to check out our important announcement about Rupert’s latest film Cherrybomb:

Cherrybomb Distribution Campaign

UPDATE: If you head on over to the gallery, you can see a lovely new layout by Photogenic Designs! We’re in the processes of restoring our gallery once again so bear with us!

26 Comments to "Exclusive: Michelle’s Harry Potter Exhibition Report!"

May 2nd, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Oh, Michelle, I’m sooo glad for you! And can’t wait to see the Exhibition as well… πŸ™‚

Laura
May 2nd, 2009 at 11:49 AM

The Exhibition sounds awesome. I wish I could go but those changes are pretty much nihil.

May 2nd, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Laura, it’ll be touring the world! So I’m hoping it’s gonna be here near us as well! πŸ™‚

suzeeq
May 2nd, 2009 at 11:55 AM

When it comes to Atlanta, I’m there.

Ivana
May 2nd, 2009 at 11:57 AM

When it comes anywhere near England, I’m so there.

suzeeq
May 2nd, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Birmingham, AL, Nashville TN, North Carolina, South Carolina, I’m there. lol

Himera
May 2nd, 2009 at 12:17 PM

oh, I’m so jealous! the exhibition sounds really cool.
thanks, Michelle, for wonderful review!

Luciana
May 2nd, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Hi Michelle!! Beautiful report. The most that I liked was when you described the RonΒ΄s dress.

Ivana
May 2nd, 2009 at 12:32 PM

^^^^ Yeah that was my favourite part too!

wickedjo
May 2nd, 2009 at 12:41 PM

great report I’m going there if it ever comes to Portugal or maybe even spain! it really sounds amazing

galadriel12
May 2nd, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Thank you so much, Michelle, for this wonderful, lovely and indepth report. You brought the exhibition I might likely never ever get to see personally (unless it comes to Germany) to life.

I loved everything and got lots of chills. Of course I loved most everything to do with Ron/Rupert.

Btw, which was the HBP scene? Please PM me. πŸ™‚

FugitiveStar
May 2nd, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Wow, Michelle, that was a fantastic review! You made me even more excited to see this exhibit than I already was. I can’t wait until this makes it’s way to L.A.

I want to see Ron’s big ol’ shoes!

May 2nd, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Yay! Our new gallery layout!

Carolyn
May 2nd, 2009 at 2:10 PM

See, this is right up my alley. I love museums and exhibits. I remember when I went to the Titanic one, where they had actual memorabilia from the people who were on the ship that fateful night. It was eerie, but so cool at the same time. And I’m sure this will be just like being on the HP set. Good summary and descriptions Michelle. Yeah, we knew all about Rupert’s big feet, now didn’t we? *wink*

Ivana
May 2nd, 2009 at 2:25 PM

*imagines Michelle staring breathlessly at Ron’s big ol’ shoes*

May 2nd, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Oh, I really want to see the Titanic one just to see how haunted it really is. They did the moving Titanic one (the one you’re talking about Carolyn), I think it was in Atlanta at the time, on Ghost Hunters and they’ve talked about that everywhere they take that exhibit there has been spirit activity with it.

I hope to get to see the HP one. πŸ˜€

Carolyn
May 2nd, 2009 at 4:06 PM

What was cool was when they gave you names of the people (one for each of you) and then you checked to see if they were one of the survivors. Initially, I got someone in like third or fourth class. You know, those were the people that got picked last and most didn’t survive? Well, then I happened to get an extra one, from first class and when I looked on the list, the lower class person DID survive and the first class person did not. That was weird. And what was weirder was the first class person I got was the older woman in the movie that stayed in the cabin with her husband to die because she didn’t want to leave him. Remember that old couple? Oh my God, that was so sad. Anyway, Rupert’s feet…big…yes…LOL!

francaise3
May 2nd, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Uhh.. I love the new gallery layout! Me like it! πŸ™‚

Hplover
May 2nd, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Its cool the new gallery layout its easier πŸ™‚

galadriel12