Rupert Grint: Knowledge Magazine Interview!

gallery

April 15, 2009, 9:23AM–Rupert Grint fans, rejoice: I have discovered a rare Rupert interview, conducted back in 2006 when he was promoting Driving Lessons. The interview was published in the Knowledge magazine (a weekly supplement to The Times): the feature was a part of their rubric Soundtrack Your Life, therefore Rupert mostly talked about his musical tastes and influences. Of course, his tastes might have changed slightly since then; but what is really interesting is that Rupert talked about his parents’ musical tastes too! He also complained about his unremarkable guitar skills, to which I can only respond: hey Rupert, I’m a professional musician, I’ll teach you how to play the guitar in no time!

Some memorable quotes:
“I’ve never really danced. I suppose it can be quite fun and I do like listening to dance music if I’m in the right mood – the Prodigy and Five Star are pretty good.”
“There are definitely some perks to being an actor. I went to a Velvet Revolver gig and met the guitarist, Slash, backstage. He was very nice, but he didn’t have much to say. I don’t think he was quite there, really.”
“My dad is a big Queen fan and has lots of those Best of the 1980s compilations, and my mum was a huge fan of 1970s punk.”

You may read the rest by visiting our gallery here. I have also found a nice Driving Lessons review in the same issue, so read it here.

UPDATE: Two new old pictures from the set of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are now available in our gallery here. Thanks to Oclumência!

UPDATE 2: Rupert’s Army we have a new assignment for you. There is a new poll at Celebrity news site cineplex.com titled “Make it or Break it.” Cineplex asks it’s readers which teen idol is most likely to succeed as an actor. Rupert has made the list and we know he’s “Made It” but let’s all still show support and cast those votes for him via their site here!
*Remember guys for past, ongoing and current polls, we have a Vote For Rupert page on the left panel where you can always check for the latest.*

42 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Knowledge Magazine Interview!"

Laura
April 15th, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Oh I remember reading this scan back then. It wasn’t in the gallery yet?

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Maybe we’ve lost it? Tao will know better. It was completely new to me.

Neglo
April 15th, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Oh yeah it’s the article where we found out about the didgeridoo!

April 15th, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Oh god, I’m back online! 🙂 Sooo much to catch up witch!

April 15th, 2009 at 10:06 AM

witch? erm… with. I’m back in Potter-mood!

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:09 AM

^^^^^^ Welcome back you witch! 😀 We’ve missed you!

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:12 AM

you know! its funny how i posted those two new old order of the phoenix ste pictures on here days ago and now there just now on here! good pictures of him! ;:

April 15th, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I missed you all, too!
But, being stuck on a 2000m mountain without internet – I’m back to reading HBP (gotta be prepared), and I´m in love with it all over again 🙂
And I’m still on a Cherrybomb-at-Belfast high. Now my only prob is that I’m in a #n internet cafe and can’t download the trailer 🙁

But YAY that we finally got the trailer #, and that Robbie replied, and that I’m back in civilisation!

Carolyn
April 15th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Five Star? I loved them. I love his eclectic tastes in music. I also love finding out more and more things about him I didn’t know before.

TaoIvana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Well HPFAN you know how busy things are around here… we’ve forgotten to add those pics, but they’re finally here. 🙂

Oh and lol Karo, that’s the problem, once you get hooked on ICM, there’s no turning back to civilisation!

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:25 AM

yes ivana! im glad there finally here! they look amazing! and yes i notice this site is always busy! but they look absolutely amazing on here! 😉

April 15th, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Yeah, esp after Belfast! But the skiing and boarding was great, and we had a week of sunshine, so YAY!

Did you get that CD with all the goodies yet?

Ooh, I sooo gotta pm you!

And as for Malachy vomiting (off topic, but I just read that in the comments): I understood it that they didn’t give him something to actually vomit, but just vomit-like-looking stuff to spit out. Like the slugs in CoS.

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:29 AM

No I haven’t received the CD yet… gotta go check tomorrow.

April 15th, 2009 at 10:30 AM

:/ Bugger.

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Can’t wait til blag magazine comes out! planning on buying it!

TaoTao
April 15th, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I’m pretty sure the didgeridoo was another article. I’m pretty sure in the other article, he had explained what the didgeridoo was. I’ve searched, and unless it got lost somewhere, I never originally had it.

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 12:22 PM

You know he was giving so many interviews at the time, it is possible that some information is repeated. But I’m 100% sure I haven’t seen this DL review before.

TaoTao
April 15th, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I don’t remember it either. The picture has been used a lot, and the information is somewhat recycled, but I don’t remember it. And I haven’t found it elsewhere. (Like other Rupert sites, other HP sites that might have it, etc.)

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Anyway lol we’re getting the new HBP trailer tomorrow! Hope it’s not the Japanese one, that would be quite disappointing!
We’re getting it at 8pm EST, that’s 1am here, but I’ll try to stay awake — I’m curious!

FugitiveStar
April 15th, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I do remember reading this a while ago, but not sure where. But I still love it. And what he said about Slash, LOL!

I love his eclectic taste in music. I understand that.

Newer Comments »