Rupert Grint: Knowledge Magazine Interview!

gallery

April 15, 2009, 9:23AM–Rupert Grint fans, rejoice: I have discovered a rare Rupert interview, conducted back in 2006 when he was promoting Driving Lessons. The interview was published in the Knowledge magazine (a weekly supplement to The Times): the feature was a part of their rubric Soundtrack Your Life, therefore Rupert mostly talked about his musical tastes and influences. Of course, his tastes might have changed slightly since then; but what is really interesting is that Rupert talked about his parents’ musical tastes too! He also complained about his unremarkable guitar skills, to which I can only respond: hey Rupert, I’m a professional musician, I’ll teach you how to play the guitar in no time!

Some memorable quotes:
“I’ve never really danced. I suppose it can be quite fun and I do like listening to dance music if I’m in the right mood – the Prodigy and Five Star are pretty good.”
“There are definitely some perks to being an actor. I went to a Velvet Revolver gig and met the guitarist, Slash, backstage. He was very nice, but he didn’t have much to say. I don’t think he was quite there, really.”
“My dad is a big Queen fan and has lots of those Best of the 1980s compilations, and my mum was a huge fan of 1970s punk.”

You may read the rest by visiting our gallery here. I have also found a nice Driving Lessons review in the same issue, so read it here.

UPDATE: Two new old pictures from the set of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are now available in our gallery here. Thanks to Oclumência!

UPDATE 2: Rupert’s Army we have a new assignment for you. There is a new poll at Celebrity news site cineplex.com titled “Make it or Break it.” Cineplex asks it’s readers which teen idol is most likely to succeed as an actor. Rupert has made the list and we know he’s “Made It” but let’s all still show support and cast those votes for him via their site here!
*Remember guys for past, ongoing and current polls, we have a Vote For Rupert page on the left panel where you can always check for the latest.*

42 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Knowledge Magazine Interview!"

Laura
April 15th, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Oh I remember reading this scan back then. It wasn’t in the gallery yet?

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Maybe we’ve lost it? Tao will know better. It was completely new to me.

Neglo
April 15th, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Oh yeah it’s the article where we found out about the didgeridoo!

April 15th, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Oh god, I’m back online! :) Sooo much to catch up witch!

April 15th, 2009 at 10:06 AM

witch? erm… with. I’m back in Potter-mood!

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:09 AM

^^^^^^ Welcome back you witch! :D We’ve missed you!

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:12 AM

you know! its funny how i posted those two new old order of the phoenix ste pictures on here days ago and now there just now on here! good pictures of him! ;:

April 15th, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I missed you all, too!
But, being stuck on a 2000m mountain without internet – I’m back to reading HBP (gotta be prepared), and I´m in love with it all over again :)
And I’m still on a Cherrybomb-at-Belfast high. Now my only prob is that I’m in a #n internet cafe and can’t download the trailer :(

But YAY that we finally got the trailer #, and that Robbie replied, and that I’m back in civilisation!

Carolyn
April 15th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Five Star? I loved them. I love his eclectic tastes in music. I also love finding out more and more things about him I didn’t know before.

TaoIvana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Well HPFAN you know how busy things are around here… we’ve forgotten to add those pics, but they’re finally here. :)

Oh and lol Karo, that’s the problem, once you get hooked on ICM, there’s no turning back to civilisation!

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:25 AM

yes ivana! im glad there finally here! they look amazing! and yes i notice this site is always busy! but they look absolutely amazing on here! ;)

April 15th, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Yeah, esp after Belfast! But the skiing and boarding was great, and we had a week of sunshine, so YAY!

Did you get that CD with all the goodies yet?

Ooh, I sooo gotta pm you!

And as for Malachy vomiting (off topic, but I just read that in the comments): I understood it that they didn’t give him something to actually vomit, but just vomit-like-looking stuff to spit out. Like the slugs in CoS.

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 10:29 AM

No I haven’t received the CD yet… gotta go check tomorrow.

April 15th, 2009 at 10:30 AM

:/ Bugger.

HPFAN
April 15th, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Can’t wait til blag magazine comes out! planning on buying it!

TaoTao
April 15th, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I’m pretty sure the didgeridoo was another article. I’m pretty sure in the other article, he had explained what the didgeridoo was. I’ve searched, and unless it got lost somewhere, I never originally had it.

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 12:22 PM

You know he was giving so many interviews at the time, it is possible that some information is repeated. But I’m 100% sure I haven’t seen this DL review before.

TaoTao
April 15th, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I don’t remember it either. The picture has been used a lot, and the information is somewhat recycled, but I don’t remember it. And I haven’t found it elsewhere. (Like other Rupert sites, other HP sites that might have it, etc.)

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Anyway lol we’re getting the new HBP trailer tomorrow! Hope it’s not the Japanese one, that would be quite disappointing!
We’re getting it at 8pm EST, that’s 1am here, but I’ll try to stay awake — I’m curious!

FugitiveStar
April 15th, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I do remember reading this a while ago, but not sure where. But I still love it. And what he said about Slash, LOL!

I love his eclectic taste in music. I understand that.

FugitiveStar
April 15th, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Welcome back, Karo!

April 15th, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Gotta go now! Hope `’ll be back soon! Let me know about what I wrote about crosswords in staff forum via text message!

talley
April 15th, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I’m not sure if it was this exact article. We know how so called journalist just cut and paste each other’s work. Anyhoo, I remember him mentioning meeting Slash and his parents musical tastes. But I love rereading. And HPFan I was thinking that too. LOL I was like ICM had those long time ago.

Jo
April 15th, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I remember the slash thing too but some of this is new to me. We needed it for our collection anyway so it’s all good!!! :)

EruditeWitch aka Sam
April 15th, 2009 at 2:27 PM

OMG! Rupert met Slash! Ahhhhh! If I go to meet slash, I might have peed my pants! He’s so cool.

Oh man, Rupert and Slash in the same room= Sam is dead.

Lilly
April 15th, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I remember I read this some time ago!
Oh, he’s very ecletic, isn’t he? I like that!

Anybody read my comment at the forum about Alfie Enoch?
He’s in Brazil and will give a talk with his father tomorrow about HP, Shakespeare, theater, and it’ll be in Portuguese! :D
He’s in Rio de Janeiro.
I don’t know if Enock will send someone there…

Ivana
April 15th, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Oh that would be great! I mean Brazil is such a huge country with so many HP fans, Enock will probably have an easy task to delegate someone to go there!

TaoTao
April 15th, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I gotta tell you… with him up against Rpattz and KStew, I would be happy if he’s in the top 5. They’ve both got a massive fanbase that will vote in these polls. I hope the RA steps up to the plate. :)

ANNA
April 15th, 2009 at 7:46 PM

HE MEET SLASH AND SLASH MEET RUPERT?
Damn Im jealous of both of them

Jo
April 15th, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Come on RA, let’s get this. :)

Bex
April 15th, 2009 at 8:52 PM

lol
Rupert is totally slaying the competition.

Cookimonstress
April 15th, 2009 at 8:55 PM

He’s up to 44%! He is winning! Kepp it up RA!

Cookimonstress
April 15th, 2009 at 8:56 PM

*Keep

Rose
April 15th, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I love Rupert but I think its kinda lame to put Daniel and Emma on that list too. Ok, Emma is talented but has not done as much as the other two and she wants to concentrate on school but to even question whether Dan will make it as an Actor is blasphemy. In my OP I feel Dan has proved he can handle his carrier . I feel like once again Dan and Rupes are being paired agents each other and its kinda lame. I voted for Rupes never the less. I suppose the polls are for amusement but…mehh.

Katie
April 15th, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I love his music taste. :D He’s also winning that poll by a whole bunch. Rupert’s Army! *warrior yell* lol

Patrick
April 16th, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Rupert’s kickin butt, keep it up RA!

Jo
April 16th, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Well Rose I don’t think that poll will dictate Dan’s future as an actor. I mean he’s got votes so he has fans and people who believe in him. We of course are here for Rupes and he’s kickin butt. :)

Patrick
April 16th, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Vanessa has zero votes. Haha!

Michelle
April 16th, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Hey, look at that, he’s got 53% of the vote! *throws her pompoms in the air ecstatically*

Oh yes, I remember that interview. But it’s always good to bring up interviews that are memorable. :) And we can probably thank Jo Grint for turning him on to The Clash, as well.

galadriel12
April 16th, 2009 at 5:19 AM

I just voted on that poll and currently Rupert is leading at 60% :D :D :D

Whatever happens (when will this poll close btw?) I guess Rupert can make top 3 anyday. But it won’t make or break his career either way. Rupert will make his career, there is no way around that. Too much talent and too much hotness you know? :D

Verônica
April 16th, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I love when he talks about his musical taste! What he said about Slash was so funny! LOL You’re so lucky Ivana,you can exchange guitar tips with him ;) LOL

Verônica