Good Luck Rupert!

site

Good Luck Rupert!

February 6, 2009, 5:55 AM–Can you guys believe that Rupert Grint‘s movie Cherrybomb will have its world premiere in two days?! ICM staffers Jo and Karo and our resident sidekick AJ are already busy packing their suitcases for Berlin, and we suppose the Grints are getting ready for the Berlin premiere too! Thus, it is only appropriate to wish Rupert good luck before his big day! So, here we go:

Dear Rupert,

You can’t imagine the excitement we felt for you when we first heard that you were filming Cherrybomb. Once we got a hold of some more information, we all made quick work of researching your directors, co-stars, and other aspects of the production. We were pleased to see you had chosen such a talented group of people to tackle a project very outside of your comfort zone. We’ve all researched Glen and Lisa’s work, and we believe that their joint gifts, coupled with a unique story and visually dynamic sets will work well to further your career in a positive way.

You said a while ago that you were worried that your role in Cherrybomb might upset some of your fans. Don’t worry! If anything, you’ve made us hungry for more! We’ve been spending countless moments discussing the movie and posting theories about the plot! We’ve been trying to whittle away the sort of character Malachy is this entire time. And of course, there’s the debate about who is dying at the end… To sum up, we are so excited for this film!

We’re even more excited for you. When we heard Cherrybomb was premiering at Berlinale, one of the largest festivals in the world, we were very proud. The fact that this film managed to beat out many competitors to be screened there only cemented our anticipation. We here at ICM are very glad you are taking risks and branching out with your acting. We know you’ll have a long career, and look forward to enjoying this step along the way with you!

Good luck on your big night, Rupert!

ICM readers and staff

Thanks to our lovely Sam who wrote the letter! And feel free to leave your own messages for Rupert in the comments!

105 Comments to "Good Luck Rupert!"

Carolyn
February 6th, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Rupert, I have been a fan of yours since the first Harry Potter movie. I was in awe of your talent as a child and I am in awe of your talent as a man. I am proud to be your fan and I wish you all the luck in the world with everything that you do. It warms my heart to see people make comments on your talent because I know that the compliments are well deserved. You have a natural gift and you aren’t afraid to take risks. On top of that, you seem like the sweetest guy in the world. Good luck to you at Berlinale.

manda1
February 6th, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Good luck, Rupert!!!! I wish you all the best in the world!! You deserve it more than anything and I see you ending up at the academy awards one day in the future!!! I’m so honored to by your fan and will be until the day I die!!!

Have fun in Berlin!!

Ivana
February 6th, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I’ve just talked to Jo on the phone, she’s at the airport, getting ready to board the plane for Berlin via New York! She and AJ will be travelling several thousand miles just to see Cherrybomb in Berlin! (Jo’s from Texas, AJ from Maryland!) That’s called dedication!

Carlotta
February 6th, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Good Luck Rupert, for you, for your career, for all, because you deserve, you’re special, I’m very happy for you.
All the best,
Carlotta, from Italy

PS: beautiful letter

Janine
February 6th, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Rupert,
You are such a talented actor. I don’t need to wish you any luck. You’ll do just fine!

February 6th, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Good luck, Rupert! And congrats on your film being picked for such a major festival like Berlinale! I wish I could have been there, but so many fans are going to be there in support of you and your film!

Val
February 6th, 2009 at 10:59 AM

God Im gonna cry….

Ok Rupert oh well you know how much we love you and how unconditional our love is. What can I say that hasnt been told before about you? You are so great and we are really so proud of you.
We know you are gonna have such a great career and make a good job tomorrow. By the way we cant wait to see you again! You have been hiding boy! But of course you deserve those vacations.
WE are ready for 2009, like the girls name it here.. The year of the Grint.
Love you. Good luck.

Love you too ICMers 🙂

Val
February 6th, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Thanks for the update Ivana (about Jo n AJ)!!! Oh good luck girls, cant wait for you to get there!!! *its really really really excited*

Angela R.
February 6th, 2009 at 11:17 AM

You’re a very talented actor, there’s no need to wish you good luck, but here’s to knowing that you’ll do great! We’re all behind you!

Bilius
February 6th, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Remember:
-Don’t trip
-Make sure your flie is zipped 🙂

Anonymous
February 6th, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I’m more than excited to see this movie when its released in theaters.

Good luck Rupert, we know you’re gonna own the dang movie, just want wait to see it!!!

Anonymous
February 6th, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Leaving for the airport now, Wish us safe travel!!!!!

Val
February 6th, 2009 at 11:56 AM

GOod luck !!! HAve a safe flight and enjoy it a lot!! Oh that we know you will!! yeah baby!

mollywobbles
February 6th, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Congratulations, Rupert! We are all so proud of you! I can’t wait to see Cherrybomb. When I first heard you were doing this film, my heart swelled with pride. I think you’ve made very wise decisions as to the type of films you do outside of HP. I’ve heard only good things about your performance from those who have been interviewed about their work on the film. I can’t wait to be taken on the rollercoaster of emotions that Cherrybomb no doubt provides the viewer and to see you shine.

Lilly
February 6th, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Good Luck girls! Have fun!
Yeah we obviously know that the anonymous is AJ!

Pete
February 6th, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Rupert, it’s time for you to get the recognition you have deserved for quite some time now. I wish you the best of luck and I know you did a great job in this movie, Cherrybomb, because you are the best actor of the trio and more people need to realize that. And they will I think. Take care man, wish you all the best. Cheers.

Kirstiiee Annee
February 6th, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Good Luck Rupert !!

This Movie sounds fantastic and i cant wait to see it
i think you will be fantasic in the movie and i hope this movie wins youh some awards cause youh deserve them… i think you should also win best actor for the harry potter movies as well !!
You are amazing actor, love the will be harry potter movies, love driving lessons and im sure this movie will be great.
I am a massive fan and your My Favourite Actor in the world keep up the good work !! :]

Meli
February 6th, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Guys that was such a sweet message to Rupert!!!!<3

Of course I wish him good luck too…but I`m sure it everithing will be amazig and very sucessfull:-)

EruditeWitch AKA Sam
February 6th, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I meant every word I wrote! I think we can all agree you’re going to knock ’em dead!

Val