Exclusive Interview With David Holmes!

o7m0m1

February 5, 2009, 3:32 PM–In the midst of all the excitement about the world premiere of Rupert Grint‘s new film Cherrybomb in three days time, we are happy to add what is the most important interview of our soundtrack coverage!

Staffer Karo had the opportunity to interview David Holmes, who put together the Cherrybomb soundtrack! A close friend of directors Lisa Barros D’Sa and Glenn Leyburn, David talked about his music and his work on Cherrybomb, and also gave his opinion about Rupert Grint‘s performance.

David Holmes’ latest album The Holy Pictures has just been nominated for the Irish Choice Music Prize, and he received a double nomination for the Irish Film and Television Awards for his work on the soundtracks for Hunger and Cherrybomb!

A huge THANK YOU to David!

Click here to read our interview!

41 Comments to "Exclusive Interview With David Holmes!"

Neglo
February 5th, 2009 at 3:53 PM

YAY!
David sounds like a fun guy.
He really got me there, the whole father thing. hehe!
I wonder which character sings the song though!

WONDERFUL JOB KARO
*throws confetti in the air*

Jo
February 5th, 2009 at 3:54 PM

How was his accent on the phone Karo? David is so hot!

Veronica
February 5th, 2009 at 3:56 PM

“Rupert Grint’s father” LOL

*Comes back to reading* :D

mollywobbles
February 5th, 2009 at 3:56 PM

“He is… you know, to be quite honest, I was completely gobsmacked. He gives an absolutely incredible performance and his Belfast accent is flawless.”

YES, YES, AND YES. :D

February 5th, 2009 at 3:56 PM

David’s?! Errr. I dunno. Belfast-ish?! I have no idea how to describe it.
Or is this another try to get the audio?! ;)

kim
February 5th, 2009 at 3:57 PM

LOL at the david joke! How cool would it have been if he did play rupert father in the film!

Jo
February 5th, 2009 at 3:57 PM

GO PACK! I can listen to it later. ha ha.

February 5th, 2009 at 3:57 PM

YOU TOO!

Marisol
February 5th, 2009 at 4:02 PM

He totally got me too! I freaked a little bit lol. He seems very nice, & I just LOVE what he said about Rupert ( & his accent! ). Great job Karo, thanks again.

Carolyn
February 5th, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I love when people compliment our boy. And those compliments are well deserved. I’m so proud of him. You know, if I didn’t have so many sexual thoughts about Rupert, I would be proud to be his mother! LOL!

Ki
February 5th, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Karo, seriously, you’ve done a fantastic job with all these interviews. The new one with David Holmes is the best one so far. Great job!!!

February 5th, 2009 at 4:11 PM

It’s been fun! They’ve all been so nice!

Ivana
February 5th, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Woo hoo I’m back from my exam, it was better than I expected!
And yay for David Holmes! Lol how cool it would have been if he really played Rupert’s dad? Although David is way too young to be Rupert’s dad, but maybe he could play his older bro!

david holmes

Veronica
February 5th, 2009 at 4:14 PM

David is awesome! I’m really loving everyone involved with CB!

February 5th, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Ivana, David turns 40 on the 14 Feb. Rupert’s 20. I’d rather go for the dad than the brother!

wicked jo
February 5th, 2009 at 4:23 PM

ahah I believed in him for a second there, that he played mal’s father :)
I loved all his compliments to Rupert, so cool to hear! makes me really proud :)

February 5th, 2009 at 4:36 PM

So… who sings Cherrybomb?!

Ivana
February 5th, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Oh so David is an Aquarius, cool! And man I can’t believe he’ll be 40 in no time, he looks younger.

February 5th, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Isn’t that a virgo trait? To look younger then one’s age?

Ivana
February 5th, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Yes it is! Maybe his Ascendant is Virgo? You should have asked him his exact time and place of birth! :P

Michelle
February 5th, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I almost had a mild stroke with the Dad thing!! Geez,what a character! LOL I love how you kept it real Karo, with David saying you were just fishing for info!

We should all applaud Karo for her dedication for all these interviews, staying up to the wee hours, dictating, thinking of questions. You rock my socks, girl!!!

TaoTao
February 5th, 2009 at 4:50 PM

What a great interview! I love when the people involved in films give such detailed comments about what they thought of Rupert’s performance, his accent. It just says a lot about him as an actor. :)

Karo, I always thought so. lol I’m a Virgo and people don’t believe I’m 28. They usually think I’m in my early 20s. When I was 21 and went to Vegas, I kept getting carded! Most didn’t think I was a day over 15. haha My mom gets a lot of the same things… my grandmother did too when she was alive. (We’re all Virgos, obviously…)

February 5th, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I know, Tao, I’m a virgo too. I’m 25, and when I bought wine recently, the asked for my ID. Buying wine is allowed here once you’re 16, so I needed about 10 seconds to react…

February 5th, 2009 at 4:56 PM

No, applaud David, not me! And all the bands and artists.

You know, the first thing I did after the interview was to check all my Ocean’s DVDs for his name!

Laura
February 5th, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Tears sprung in my eyes. No Kidding.

Great job Karo!

TaoTao
February 5th, 2009 at 5:10 PM

David’s comments about Rupert’s performance need to be in a special area on the rave reviews. I mean, we basically only count critic reviews, but those comments are just so awesome by a guy who is only doing the soundtrack!

Laura
February 5th, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. FUCK I can’t wait for all the reviews!!

FugitiveStar
February 5th, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Best interview yet, Karo!

What he said about Rupert’s performance was the absolute best part. I actually did a little cheer at my desk (hope no one noticed). :D

I am a bit confused, though about the singing. Does he mean, they originally had one of the kids singing, then opted not to use the scene and used the Flykkiller version of Cherrybomb instead?

manda1
February 5th, 2009 at 5:19 PM

that was a great interview and I love all what Rupert loves in music which is wierd but it’s going to be a great soundtrack can’t wait to get it when it comes out if it comes out like DL which it never did

Val
February 5th, 2009 at 5:30 PM

OMG! what an amazing interview! So much information!
and how funny he is that David.. I also was like” What? he play’s Rupert’s father?” LMAO. And oh I think he is a hottie too. lol

Ivana
February 5th, 2009 at 6:08 PM

We’re all officially in love with David from today on! :D

Laura
February 5th, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I would love to HEAR him say that Rupert left him gobsmacked.

Ivana
February 5th, 2009 at 6:32 PM

You will hear it Laura, as soon as Karo converts the audio and uploads it to our media section!

suzeeq
February 5th, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Woohoo! audio. LOL Great, great interview Karo. David, you rock dude. ;)

Lilly
February 5th, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Such an amazing interview girls!
David was really nice, and I bet when he knew he would give an interview for a RG site, he tought at the same time in the joke!

I will love to listen to the interview as much I did reading it, Karo, thank you so much for this, but I’d love most if someone had taken a photo from you when you heard the Rupert’s father joke! :D

And have a wonderful time at Berlin girls!

Just a curious thing: did you know that the winner of the golden bear last year, was a Brazilian movie, “Tropa de Elite”?

manda1
February 5th, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I would of love to went to Berlin but can’t make it but I have my passport but nothing in it just yet

Euge
February 5th, 2009 at 8:54 PM

flawless :) :)

Vanessa
February 5th, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I’m falling in love with everything about this film. I swear, if it sucks I’ll still love it! :D

Michelle
February 6th, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Vanessa= Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!!!

;)

Vanessa
February 6th, 2009 at 12:59 AM

LOL! It’s so funny. That nickname was given to me so long ago, and only a handfull of people know why. heeeeehhee.

wicked jo
February 6th, 2009 at 4:38 AM

we’re going to get the audio of the interview? cool, I’d lovo to listen to it :)
Lilly, I saw Tropa de Elite, I thought it was quite good!

Newer Comments »