o7m0m1

January 31, 2009, 3:21 PM–With only eight days left until the world premiere of Rupert Grint‘s latest movie Cherrybomb, we are determined to bring you new exclusives every day! Today, we have two treats for you: the first one is the full and definitive Cherrybomb soundtrack, and the second is Karo‘s exclusive interview with the band flyKKiler, who have contributed two songs to the movie! The band member whom Karo spoke to, Stephen Hilton, actually collaborated with David Holmes on scoring the entire soundtrack. Together, they hoped to bring to the film a variety of music(s) that teenagers nowadays listen to, as they have access to a large range of sounds via iTunes or the internet.
We are happy to share with you all the songs and bands featured on the Cherrybomb soundtrack. Click here to find the track list, as well as additional info on Holmes and Hilton. We have also enabled you to click on the band’s/artist’s names to get to their Myspace pages. The songs in the list marked with * can actually be found on the bands’ respective Myspace pages. And then read Karo’s interview with Stephen Hilton here.

58 Comments to "Exclusive: Full Soundtrack For Rupert Grint’s Cherrybomb, Plus Interview With Stephen Hilton (FlyKKiller)!"

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:01 PM

What an amazing soundtrack. No wonder it’s nominated.

My favorites:

Preparedness
Being Kong
Fear
….

TaoTao
January 31st, 2009 at 4:01 PM

My favorite song so far on the soundtrack is “No Girl In The Plan” by Two Lone Swordsman. It just really puts in perspective what Michelle is and what she does to the boys. :)

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I love Sweet Love For Planet Earth. That song is just amazing. They all are but that one is sweet. Prepardness is awesome too. Man the whole thing rocks.

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I’m totally in the mood now to make a soundtrack cover.

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:18 PM

love all the songs, my favorite is Hello Death. cool interview too, I’m so happy to know that they love The Runaways’s Cherrybomb ’cause I really like it too :) The soundtrack sounds perfect for the movie and I’m curiou to know what the “freaky moment” was…

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:20 PM

^oh and BTW ICM is totally kicking a** these days (even more then usual I mean) :D

TaoTao
January 31st, 2009 at 4:25 PM

:D We try! We strive to only bring you the latest, and best Rupert news of any kind!

And I love our vast tastes with the soundtrack. We all love Rupert, and yet, we all have our favorites on the album that seem to (so far) be different. LOL :)

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I currently have Preparedness on repeat *lolz* but I already had a few songs of the band in my playlist so no surprise….

*makes soundtrack cover*

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:28 PM

^i agree Tao, i love variety, it’s too damn boring when everybody loves exactly the same things and agrees in everything! ;)

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I have a soft spot for “Goodbye Friend.” My second favorite is “No Girl in the Plan,” though. I am on tenterhooks waiting to hear flykiller’s version of “Cherrybomb.”

Ivana
January 31st, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Hi girls! I’m having a mini birthday party now and we’re listening to … guess what … Cherrybomb soundtrack!!! Wooo-hoooo!

(oh and btw I just added a nice flyKKiller pic to the interview page) :)

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 5:01 PM

No work for you today Ivana. Although we do appreciate it! Have fun, you’re old now!

FugitiveStar
January 31st, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Karo, thanks for bringing us that great interview. Awesome work, girl!

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 5:48 PM

You know what, I never listen to this sort of music either. I love pop and dance but I gotta tell ya these bands are amazing. I really do enjoy these songs. Belfast has got some mad talent. It is a good thing I don’t just listen to the music that is played in my country or I would seriously be missing out! I love America but we are stuck on three things, Hip Hop, Teeny Pop Bopper pop and Country.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I think a soundtrack can make or break a film and this soundtrack is so solid. I’m kinda hoping for a “Cherrybomb” music video with clips from the film. It would shoot the soundtrack up the charts and the movie would benefit from that. I mean, the reason Footloose was so popular even on the first night was because the soundtrack was released a couple of weeks prior and music videos were released. It’s now a cult classic, both the soundtrack and the movie. /random knowledge found in dvd commentary

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I love footloose. Classic! I agree that the soundtracks can help a movie. Sometimes the soundtrack can carry a whole movie. I hope that CB itself will get just as much praise though.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Oh, yeah, I have no doubt that CB will get as much if not more praise. I just want as many people to see this as possible and the soundtrack being a big hit would help in that respect.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 8:40 PM

In regard to today’s fact on the CB countdown:

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/3022muh.gif[/img]

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 8:43 PM

SQUEE!!! Love that! what show is it?

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Teen Witch, bb! 1980s films FTW!!!

Here’s a link to the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEa1BYBgeQI

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Good lord, now I just imagine Michelle saying that to Malachy EXACTLY like THAT. *rofl*

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Ack…that link is crazy near the middle. Try this one instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ00laVt62c&fmt=18

Michelle
January 31st, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I love how eclectic the soundtrack is! You’ve got banging and thumping, and interesting walls of noise, it’s hot!!!!

My favorites are:

“Being Kong”, “Goodbye Friend”, “Della Notte”, and “Fear”.

TaoTao
January 31st, 2009 at 9:47 PM

For some reason I watch that and suddenly think, “This reminds me of Tina Turner’s video to ‘What’s Love Got To Do WIth It?’”

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 9:59 PM

OH by the way, the song FEAR can be heard in it’s entirety on our myspace!

Hplover
January 31st, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I liked Preparedness it was very like tecno yet creepy at the same time…….I LOVED IT! lol :)

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Awesome, Jo! Yay! For some reason, that second playlist just wasn’t showing up for me.

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 1:04 AM

You guys! You guys! You guys! You guys! Its 12:04! Time to update the CB countdown!!! whoop whoop! :D

jo
February 1st, 2009 at 1:10 AM

he he we will chica. :)

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 1:20 AM

yay! whoop whoop! lol it must be annoying to have a little 13 year old hopping around on here. :P

Jo
February 1st, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Nooooo you are not annoying, don’t think that. :)

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 1:34 AM

lol thanks. and I just saw the update… I didn’t know that Malachy felt that strong towards Michelle. I mean.. he’s scared? Wow. That just gets me emotional ALL over again! :(

Michelle
February 1st, 2009 at 1:45 AM

This is going to sound mean, I hope he’s so broken up over Michelle that he cries. I’ll be crying to of course, but…is that to horrible and mean to wish for? :(

Michelle
February 1st, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Jo, I emailed you.

Jo
February 1st, 2009 at 1:47 AM

K Michelle! And KC yeah I don’t think people realize that this movie has a lot of romance. Malachy really falls for Michelle big time, more tidbits soon!

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 1:48 AM

No Michelle! Not at all. It puts a good twist to the story! :) And I made a new siggy.. *off to the forums*

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Really Jo? Gosh! I thought it was all a game. I didn’t know there were real feelings! :( i’m like frustrated now. This movie is one hard puzzle! :-/

Jo
February 1st, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Well I think I understand the characters pretty well and what the story is all about, it is the ending that I am clueless about. Don’t worry, you will understand better I am sure as time goes on and we get more and more info on it. :)

Michelle
February 1st, 2009 at 2:06 AM

After seeing the HQ image, and all of the other pics we’ve seen…does anyone else notice the difference in physicality when Rupert is in his Malachy suit? He’s not Rupert, he’s not playing Rupert as Malachy…he IS Malachy!!!! The HQ of Luke, Malachy, and Michelle in the house, the facial expression, the body language alone, it’s not Rupert-ish at all. It’s odd, foreign, it’s freakin Malachy!!!

He’s growing as an actor right before our very eyes! *wipes away a tear and beams at her Rupe with pride*

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Okay, thanks Jo! Goodnight everyone! p.s. how do you make your siggy pic bigger?

Jo
February 1st, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Michelle I know!!! Those expressions are very new. He brought Malachy to life as we read in the interviews recently. Pretty amazing I know.

KC do you mean the siggies on the forum? I’ll have to check it over there for you.

wicked jo
February 1st, 2009 at 6:06 AM

insteresting to know that malachy is scared she’s going to abandon him, can’t wait for more countdown updates :) I love how this movie seems to have many layers and levels to it and how there’s action, romance, humor and darkness to it.

fleur
February 1st, 2009 at 6:40 AM

malachy seems to be a real sweetheart like rupert :)

paxiel
February 1st, 2009 at 6:41 AM

I would just like to say to the girls that run this website – you are awesome to your fans.

No matter what, you always try and give the Rupert fans news or an update even if there isn’t much to give.

These days, you are really outdoing yourselves with all these fantastic exclusives you’re getting on ‘Cherrybomb’ – I really found that interview with Lisa, Glenn and Daragh interesting in particular.

Keep up the good work guys, you’re doing an awesome job!

fleur
February 1st, 2009 at 6:47 AM

yeah paxiel, agree with you, you girls are amazing, and im sure rupert ‘s really proud of this website ;)

FugitiveStar
February 1st, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Oh, my God, I fucking LOVE the soundtrack! So trippy and stylish.

Himera
February 1st, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Unfortunately I coldn’t listen to all songs. But from what i’ve heard my favorites are: Fear, I heard wonders and Sweet love…

Laura
February 1st, 2009 at 8:54 AM

*reads new countdown tibit* *hugs Malachy*

Ivana
February 1st, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hey folks, we’re just done chatting with Matt Lewis @ Castle White Fang!!! He is so lovely!!!
*off to write a new post*

Laura
February 1st, 2009 at 10:11 AM

*squees* So exciting Ivana!!

jo
February 1st, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Paxiel that was sooo sweet of you. We definitely care quite a lot for the fans and whether news is fast or slow makes no difference to us as long as we can bring you some Rupert in one form or the other. So thanks again for the sweet comments!

And Ivana SQUEEEEEE! Excited!

KC
February 1st, 2009 at 10:17 AM

yay Ivana! Can’t wait to read it! :) *refresh main page*

suzeeq
February 1st, 2009 at 10:37 AM

*starts refreshing the page. LOL

Ivana
February 1st, 2009 at 10:43 AM

New post! The comments will open up soon!

Laura
February 1st, 2009 at 10:44 AM

God why did they cut that scene down?!!!!! That line is hilarious and fierce….

Marissa
September 21st, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Does anyone know the name of the song playing while Michelle and Luke are sitting in the chair in the field smoking a cigarette? Thanks!

cherrybomb lover !
November 1st, 2010 at 9:13 PM

where do you get the soundtrack from? i’ve been searching everywhere !! D:

Klaudia
June 21st, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Hey I need help, i’m looking for the name of the song when Luke comes at second party and Michelle has his jacket, i cant find this :( plz send me tittle at klaudia9694@wp.pl :*

Newer Comments »