o7m0m1

January 31, 2009, 3:21 PM–With only eight days left until the world premiere of Rupert Grint‘s latest movie Cherrybomb, we are determined to bring you new exclusives every day! Today, we have two treats for you: the first one is the full and definitive Cherrybomb soundtrack, and the second is Karo‘s exclusive interview with the band flyKKiler, who have contributed two songs to the movie! The band member whom Karo spoke to, Stephen Hilton, actually collaborated with David Holmes on scoring the entire soundtrack. Together, they hoped to bring to the film a variety of music(s) that teenagers nowadays listen to, as they have access to a large range of sounds via iTunes or the internet.
We are happy to share with you all the songs and bands featured on the Cherrybomb soundtrack. Click here to find the track list, as well as additional info on Holmes and Hilton. We have also enabled you to click on the band’s/artist’s names to get to their Myspace pages. The songs in the list marked with * can actually be found on the bands’ respective Myspace pages. And then read Karo’s interview with Stephen Hilton here.

58 Comments to "Exclusive: Full Soundtrack For Rupert Grint’s Cherrybomb, Plus Interview With Stephen Hilton (FlyKKiller)!"

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:01 PM

What an amazing soundtrack. No wonder it’s nominated.

My favorites:

Preparedness
Being Kong
Fear
….

TaoTao
January 31st, 2009 at 4:01 PM

My favorite song so far on the soundtrack is “No Girl In The Plan” by Two Lone Swordsman. It just really puts in perspective what Michelle is and what she does to the boys. 🙂

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I love Sweet Love For Planet Earth. That song is just amazing. They all are but that one is sweet. Prepardness is awesome too. Man the whole thing rocks.

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I’m totally in the mood now to make a soundtrack cover.

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:18 PM

love all the songs, my favorite is Hello Death. cool interview too, I’m so happy to know that they love The Runaways’s Cherrybomb ’cause I really like it too 🙂 The soundtrack sounds perfect for the movie and I’m curiou to know what the “freaky moment” was…

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:20 PM

^oh and BTW ICM is totally kicking a** these days (even more then usual I mean) 😀

TaoTao
January 31st, 2009 at 4:25 PM

😀 We try! We strive to only bring you the latest, and best Rupert news of any kind!

And I love our vast tastes with the soundtrack. We all love Rupert, and yet, we all have our favorites on the album that seem to (so far) be different. LOL 🙂

Laura
January 31st, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I currently have Preparedness on repeat *lolz* but I already had a few songs of the band in my playlist so no surprise….

*makes soundtrack cover*

wicked jo
January 31st, 2009 at 4:28 PM

^i agree Tao, i love variety, it’s too damn boring when everybody loves exactly the same things and agrees in everything! 😉

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I have a soft spot for “Goodbye Friend.” My second favorite is “No Girl in the Plan,” though. I am on tenterhooks waiting to hear flykiller’s version of “Cherrybomb.”

Ivana
January 31st, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Hi girls! I’m having a mini birthday party now and we’re listening to … guess what … Cherrybomb soundtrack!!! Wooo-hoooo!

(oh and btw I just added a nice flyKKiller pic to the interview page) 🙂

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 5:01 PM

No work for you today Ivana. Although we do appreciate it! Have fun, you’re old now!

FugitiveStar
January 31st, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Karo, thanks for bringing us that great interview. Awesome work, girl!

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 5:48 PM

You know what, I never listen to this sort of music either. I love pop and dance but I gotta tell ya these bands are amazing. I really do enjoy these songs. Belfast has got some mad talent. It is a good thing I don’t just listen to the music that is played in my country or I would seriously be missing out! I love America but we are stuck on three things, Hip Hop, Teeny Pop Bopper pop and Country.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I think a soundtrack can make or break a film and this soundtrack is so solid. I’m kinda hoping for a “Cherrybomb” music video with clips from the film. It would shoot the soundtrack up the charts and the movie would benefit from that. I mean, the reason Footloose was so popular even on the first night was because the soundtrack was released a couple of weeks prior and music videos were released. It’s now a cult classic, both the soundtrack and the movie. /random knowledge found in dvd commentary

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I love footloose. Classic! I agree that the soundtracks can help a movie. Sometimes the soundtrack can carry a whole movie. I hope that CB itself will get just as much praise though.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Oh, yeah, I have no doubt that CB will get as much if not more praise. I just want as many people to see this as possible and the soundtrack being a big hit would help in that respect.

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 8:40 PM

In regard to today’s fact on the CB countdown:

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/3022muh.gif[/img]

Jo
January 31st, 2009 at 8:43 PM

SQUEE!!! Love that! what show is it?

mollywobbles
January 31st, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Teen Witch, bb! 1980s films FTW!!!

Here’s a link to the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEa1BYBgeQI