UPDATE: Rupert Grint A Jury Member At First Light Movies Award?

news Rupert Grint A Jury Member At First Light Movies Award? January 14, 2009, 7:10 AM–According to this article, Rupert Grint will be a jury member at 2009 First Light Movies Awards. He will be judging the movies in the Best Horror category — cool! Reportedly the other jury members in this category are Jamie Bamber (Law & Order) and BBC Entertainment Correspondent Lizo Mziba. If my memory serves me right, Emma Watson was a jury member back in 2004 for the same awards, so it is very likely that Rupert is indeed involved with FLMAs. Anyway we will let check this and let you know asap if this news is true and whether Rupert intends to attend the awards ceremony!

The FLMAs are a prestigious annual event aimed at celebrating the work of young filmmakers, some kind of British β€˜mini-Oscars’ for youngsters. The awards ceremony takes place on Tuesday 17 March 2009 at the Odeon Leicester Square, London, and it will be hosted by T4’s Miquita Oliver and Rick Edwards.

UPDATE: The latest pictures (see previous post) have created quite a buzz on the internet:
Heat Magazine, NY Daily News, E Online, Bloghogwarts, Quem and even The Sun.

Thanks to everyone who sent these in (Malene, KittyCA and Mollywobbles)!

UPDATE 2: And even more (thanks Mollywobbles):
El Informador and Access Hollywood!

UPDATE 3: It keeps buzzing (thanks WickedJo):
Mariana Potter’s blog, Harry Potter Brazuca, Potterheaven and Metro

74 Comments to "UPDATE: Rupert Grint A Jury Member At First Light Movies Award?"

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 7:15 AM

News is on roll, isnt it! :) And cool thing – if I am correct – he was into horror movies, wasnt he? :)

suzeeq
January 14th, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Ah, I was trying to submit this to you all. LOL

aquarian
January 14th, 2009 at 7:16 AM

How wonderful!!! This is great news and an awesome opportunity. I’m Loving the buzz that Rupert is getting. 2009 is really going to be his year.

Ivana
January 14th, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Yeah, the new CB pics are already on Just Jared, now I’m waiting for Perez to pick them up… he fancies Rupes, hehe.

wicked jo
January 14th, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I missed on all the fun with the new pictures but OMG the one of him and Kin in bed is so hot! all of them are great but tha one is just :O!
Let’s hope for a sneek peek of the sex scene in the trailer!
also so excited for him being a jury in this, it’s really cool!

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Sheez, I missed all the fun as well (damn you time zone!!), but I’ve been drooling over the pictures for some time now, and only found enough composure to comment now – I FUCKING LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!!
He looks absolutely amazing in all of them (and it’s also nice to see some pictures of the rest of the cast) – I can honestly say that this movie looks like it’s going to be the movie of the year – I probably would have said that even if the movie had a crap storyline (luckily it doesn’t πŸ˜‰ ) because Rupert is just PERFECTION!!!

Back on topic – it’s really exciting if he’s a jury member, exposure and self-promotion is really important… and of course it’ll give us some more to fangirl about πŸ˜€

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 8:26 AM

he he Marlene… you know Rupert being sexy and georgeous is never off topic.. so.. πŸ˜€

I am sure noone will mind if you keep it up! :)

I am also in love with those pics… the M&M one in bed.. its so sensual… even fragile looking.. i think its because of his look in the ayes.. his whole posture and look… eh.. sigh..

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Great news! I’m sure he will be enjoying it.
& I just saw the pictures………………
Okay, I fell off my chair, I hyperventilated, I cried, I was shaking, is that normal? lol
Gah, this fandom can’t get any better.

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I know! If I were in a pool, there’s only one thing I’d be thinking of…
How am I supposed to go study now? Damn you Rupert.

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Oh oh, I’m going to be drifting around in a swimming pool tonight as well (… with tennis balls floating around… oh, wait… maybe not). But I’ll definitely also be having CB thoughts in the pool – how loverly πŸ˜€

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 9:22 AM

yeah.. I am going to aquaaerobics tonight. We do excercies with balls.. I mean not tennis balls, but rubber ones.. gosh.. that sounded suggestive πŸ˜€

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Huh who is jumping on the hair wagon? I loved it from the beginning to there!!!!!!! :)

January 14th, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Is Rupert ever going to take a break this year?!

mollywobbles
January 14th, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Squee! *is still mesmorized by the pictures and the dream she had last night* πŸ˜€

Val
January 14th, 2009 at 11:04 AM

If will be very cool if he actually attends.
Wow our boy is going to have a busy year , isnt he?

Let’s continue the party!

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 11:27 AM

This quote from E! Online made me smile:

“Dear (Ron Weasley) Rupert Grint: Shirtless. Sex. Scenes. Young girls and cradle-robbers around the world thank you. Love, Rise ‘n’ Shine”‘

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 12:22 PM

LOL that was precious =).

EruditeVixen
January 14th, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I dont’ mean to be condescending, but I bet he looks adorable when he’s being pensive in a position of authority.

mollywobbles
January 14th, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I bet he does too. I kinda love that it’s the horror entries that he’ll be helping judge. I hope none of them are like Hostel, because they’re screwed. lol Hopefully they’re more like The Ring.

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 12:56 PM

New York daily news posted it too but what is up with using an old picture?

Newer Comments »