UPDATE: Rupert Grint A Jury Member At First Light Movies Award?

news January 14, 2009, 7:10 AM–According to this article, Rupert Grint will be a jury member at 2009 First Light Movies Awards. He will be judging the movies in the Best Horror category — cool! Reportedly the other jury members in this category are Jamie Bamber (Law & Order) and BBC Entertainment Correspondent Lizo Mziba. If my memory serves me right, Emma Watson was a jury member back in 2004 for the same awards, so it is very likely that Rupert is indeed involved with FLMAs. Anyway we will let check this and let you know asap if this news is true and whether Rupert intends to attend the awards ceremony!

The FLMAs are a prestigious annual event aimed at celebrating the work of young filmmakers, some kind of British ‘mini-Oscars’ for youngsters. The awards ceremony takes place on Tuesday 17 March 2009 at the Odeon Leicester Square, London, and it will be hosted by T4’s Miquita Oliver and Rick Edwards.

UPDATE: The latest pictures (see previous post) have created quite a buzz on the internet:
Heat Magazine, NY Daily News, E Online, Bloghogwarts, Quem and even The Sun.

Thanks to everyone who sent these in (Malene, KittyCA and Mollywobbles)!

UPDATE 2: And even more (thanks Mollywobbles):
El Informador and Access Hollywood!

UPDATE 3: It keeps buzzing (thanks WickedJo):
Mariana Potter’s blog, Harry Potter Brazuca, Potterheaven and Metro

74 Comments to "UPDATE: Rupert Grint A Jury Member At First Light Movies Award?"

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 7:15 AM

News is on roll, isnt it! :) And cool thing – if I am correct – he was into horror movies, wasnt he? :)

suzeeq
January 14th, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Ah, I was trying to submit this to you all. LOL

aquarian
January 14th, 2009 at 7:16 AM

How wonderful!!! This is great news and an awesome opportunity. I’m Loving the buzz that Rupert is getting. 2009 is really going to be his year.

Ivana
January 14th, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Yeah, the new CB pics are already on Just Jared, now I’m waiting for Perez to pick them up… he fancies Rupes, hehe.

wicked jo
January 14th, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I missed on all the fun with the new pictures but OMG the one of him and Kin in bed is so hot! all of them are great but tha one is just :O!
Let’s hope for a sneek peek of the sex scene in the trailer!
also so excited for him being a jury in this, it’s really cool!

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Sheez, I missed all the fun as well (damn you time zone!!), but I’ve been drooling over the pictures for some time now, and only found enough composure to comment now – I FUCKING LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!!
He looks absolutely amazing in all of them (and it’s also nice to see some pictures of the rest of the cast) – I can honestly say that this movie looks like it’s going to be the movie of the year – I probably would have said that even if the movie had a crap storyline (luckily it doesn’t ;) ) because Rupert is just PERFECTION!!!

Back on topic – it’s really exciting if he’s a jury member, exposure and self-promotion is really important… and of course it’ll give us some more to fangirl about :D

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 8:26 AM

he he Marlene… you know Rupert being sexy and georgeous is never off topic.. so.. :D

I am sure noone will mind if you keep it up! :)

I am also in love with those pics… the M&M one in bed.. its so sensual… even fragile looking.. i think its because of his look in the ayes.. his whole posture and look… eh.. sigh..

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Great news! I’m sure he will be enjoying it.
& I just saw the pictures………………
Okay, I fell off my chair, I hyperventilated, I cried, I was shaking, is that normal? lol
Gah, this fandom can’t get any better.

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I know! If I were in a pool, there’s only one thing I’d be thinking of…
How am I supposed to go study now? Damn you Rupert.

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Oh oh, I’m going to be drifting around in a swimming pool tonight as well (… with tennis balls floating around… oh, wait… maybe not). But I’ll definitely also be having CB thoughts in the pool – how loverly :D

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 9:22 AM

yeah.. I am going to aquaaerobics tonight. We do excercies with balls.. I mean not tennis balls, but rubber ones.. gosh.. that sounded suggestive :D

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Huh who is jumping on the hair wagon? I loved it from the beginning to there!!!!!!! :)

January 14th, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Is Rupert ever going to take a break this year?!

January 14th, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Squee! *is still mesmorized by the pictures and the dream she had last night* :D

Val
January 14th, 2009 at 11:04 AM

If will be very cool if he actually attends.
Wow our boy is going to have a busy year , isnt he?

Let’s continue the party!

Malene
January 14th, 2009 at 11:27 AM

This quote from E! Online made me smile:

“Dear (Ron Weasley) Rupert Grint: Shirtless. Sex. Scenes. Young girls and cradle-robbers around the world thank you. Love, Rise ‘n’ Shine”‘

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 12:22 PM

LOL that was precious =).

EruditeVixen
January 14th, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I dont’ mean to be condescending, but I bet he looks adorable when he’s being pensive in a position of authority.

January 14th, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I bet he does too. I kinda love that it’s the horror entries that he’ll be helping judge. I hope none of them are like Hostel, because they’re screwed. lol Hopefully they’re more like The Ring.

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 12:56 PM

New York daily news posted it too but what is up with using an old picture?

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 1:13 PM

He’s got his own exclusive BOX on the front page with a POLL! SQUEE!!! But seriously that headline, “When did Rupert Rupert Grint get so hot?” LMAO they’ve been missing out!

suzeeq
January 14th, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I’ll just comment what I said in the other post.

Remember Heat Magazine is the one with the hot interview of Rupert at the NMA’s and they said something about him being so damm cute all flustered and shit (my paraphrasing words lol).

Marisol
January 14th, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Yay i just saw that.
“he conjures up some filthy thoughts”
Why yes he does =D.

Nina
January 14th, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Gooood news, girls.

IMO, that interview is the hotest level from Rupert’s hotnesss.
I’ve been drooling over it for months…I just can’t stop.

Anyway, this movie will be great. I’m happy.

Ivana
January 14th, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Jo maybe we should post an update with some of those links… you know, just to show the ammount of buzz created by these new pics. What do you think?
*buzz buzz buzz*

Neglo
January 14th, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Oh I hope it’s true.
It does seem legit, damn he’s on the roll.

I love buzzzzzzz, people are waking up now (even though his good looking was obvious before).

TSK TSK. CB will ROCK.

FugitiveStar
January 14th, 2009 at 3:34 PM

That’s great about the jury thing if it’s true.

I’m STILL not over the pictures. Especially the Malachy/Michelle love scene.

I agree with you guys. Probably the sexiest thing in a picture dripping with sexiness is the look in Malachy’s eyes. It’s so intense and heated, but with a beautiful underlying vulnerability.

*sigh*

I would never let him out of my bed.

January 14th, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Jo, pm for you!

Laura
January 14th, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Bwahahahah love all the press over the CB pics. *bzzz* *bzzzz* *bzzzz*

And I really hope he’ll be a jury member!!

Katie you had a dream aswell?!!! *héh*

wicked jo
January 14th, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I’m so happy for all the buzz the pics are creating! *ignores trolls comment on some of those pages*

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Ok Karo! :) And yes isn’t the Buzzzzzzzzzzz wonderful. Squeeeeeee. CB is going to do so well, I know it. If a shirtless Rupert with a girl on top of him is the one thing that gets them to see it then great. Then they will see how great of an actor he is too.

brittany
January 14th, 2009 at 4:15 PM

omg i’m offline for a day & we have site news, new cb picks, & rupes might be on a jury. this si they way a girl should come back.

Laura
January 14th, 2009 at 4:26 PM

God I am making the ultimate CB siggie. *drools*

AJ
January 14th, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Haven’t read all of the comments yet, but wasn’t he a jury member before???

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Laura – please share the masterpiece when ready! :)

January 14th, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I can’t wait to see it, Laura. *checks your PB to see if it’s finished already*

And yeah, I had a dream. It involved first kisses and I wasn’t sure if we were me and Rupert, Emma and Rupert, or Ron and Hermione. lol I was on some sort of obstacle course that was HP related along with some characters from another book I’m reading (The Jane Austen Book Club) and Rupert was there at some point. idk lol Just as it was getting good, my alarm went off and then I couldn’t even snooze to try to pick up where I left off b/c my cat was meowing and crawling all over me.

January 14th, 2009 at 4:41 PM

OMG Laura! *changes siggy somewhere where no one has snagged it*

It will at least be my LJ header.

Laura
January 14th, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Wait Katie! the one I uploaded is the incomplete version because I accidently clicked on something when it was uploading!

Laura
January 14th, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Here we go

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/huntergraphics/Cherrybomb/cbawesomenesssmaller.gif[/img]

January 14th, 2009 at 4:47 PM

lol Oops. Too late. lol What more could there be?

Also, here’s El Informador (Mexico) article on the pictures/movie: http://www.informador.com.mx/entretenimiento/2009/70283/6/aparece-actor-de-harry-potter-semidesnudo-en-cinta.htm

francaise3
January 14th, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Looooove it Laura!!!! your good

January 14th, 2009 at 4:49 PM

That’s the one I have, Laura!

wicked jo
January 14th, 2009 at 5:16 PM

guys, i used the submit news button to send some more pic’ buzz links that I found…
and Jo, if you’re around, I e mailed you :)

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Thanks Wicked!

January 14th, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Witness my boredom:

[img]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/mollywobbles_02/Harry%20Potter/CherryBombpressphoto5_EB911A66-D-1.jpg[/img]

Laura
January 14th, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Well get more bored often girl cuz damn!

January 14th, 2009 at 6:15 PM

lol Thanks, Laura. From you that’s the highest compliment. There’s so much I can do with photobucket.

January 14th, 2009 at 6:15 PM

And by “so much,” I mean “not that much.” lol

Jessica
January 14th, 2009 at 7:54 PM

It’s interesting that we were just talking about Rupert doing a horror film, and now he is apparently going to judge them. Cool!

Snitchseeker posted the story about this and credited ICM! Great job guys!

January 14th, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Man, I LOVE the buzz Rupert is getting. :D Although some of the comments make me want to hit someone. *rolls eyes* But whatever, because Rupert is getting buzz, attention, and everything under the sun! (Would it also be too much to ask of “journalists” to do a little research? Rupert was the *first* one to do shirtless sex scenes. Grant you DL was toned down, but it was still there. Do your research news people, that’s your job!)

And yes AJ, back in 2004 or 2005… I have to look, we have the pics to prove it!

Rina
January 14th, 2009 at 8:50 PM

has anyone seen this yet?i was on facebook and saw this cute shirt!!!

AJ
January 14th, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Yeah, I remember the pics. So, it’s not new for Rupert.

Rina
January 14th, 2009 at 8:54 PM

well.. i take it back.. i just saw Rupert’s face in there and got soo excited…
it’s really not a good of a wording…

gosh….in a good way though, sleazy? i guess, after last night photostorm, im a disaster.

Val
January 14th, 2009 at 10:29 PM

OMg i just read the link mollywobbles posted.. they still talk about the rup / kim romance rumor but hey… the movie is getting a lot of attention!!

thats a cool tshirt! ive seen before too. does someone over here has it?

KC
January 14th, 2009 at 10:40 PM

*really mad* but its outside of Rupert, so I won’t go there. lol. but I LOVE the attention this movie is getting. I loved how one of the articles said that didn’t know if it was heading into the Oscars. :P

yweasley
January 14th, 2009 at 11:02 PM

i dk if you guys saw what access hollywood.com saw this: if you have i am sorry. please don’t get mad!

Gritty Grint: Not wanting Daniel Radcliffe to get all the salacious headlines for his nude “Equus” performance, Rupert Grint, who plays Harry Potter’s best bud Ron Weasley, is also about to go edgy. The actor is starring in the new thriller “Cherrybomb,” which will premiere next month at the Berlin Film Festival, JustJared.com reported. The 20-year-old British actor will reportedly go shirtless and partake in “drinking, drugs and sex” during the film. Finally, the “Hogwarts Gone Wild” we’ve been waiting for.

ALSO:
Oscar Surprise: No word if Rupert’s “Cherrybomb” will have any Oscar buzz for next year’s ceremony – but could the “Potter” kids be presenters at this year’s big night for movies? Don’t bother asking Oscar producers; they are keeping the list of presenters a secret until showtime, the Associated Press reported. “There will be fantastic movie stars that appeal to a whole range of movie lovers and fans of our show. We’re just not going to tell you who they all are,” an Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences rep said. Oscars with attitude, we love it!

i would squee so much if they finally did something cool like the oscars!. maybe give them a taste for the future. PLUS RUPERT IN A TUXEDO AGAIN.

again if posted before don’t get mad.

suzeeq
January 14th, 2009 at 11:32 PM

It’s linked on the post. ;)

January 14th, 2009 at 11:44 PM

That Oscar thing cracks me up. I seriously doubt it. When are the Oscars any ways? I never watch. Although if by some miracle they were there, I’d so watch. lol

Jo
January 14th, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Just the whole idea that they would mention the Oscars based off a shirtless Rupert is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 15th, 2009 at 1:07 AM

It is kinda neat, isn’t it? Gosh, I would die! I would be so proud of him too. :) But just the thought that anyone outside of our little fangirling community would even think such a thing was possible does my heart good! :D

January 15th, 2009 at 2:01 AM

The Oscars are the second week of February or something. They’ll be filming or Berlinale will be going on. *googles*

They’re on February 22nd and HBP starts filming (according to what Dan said a few weeks ago) on the 15th. I don’t see it happening unless they do it by video, which I doubt.

January 15th, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Oh, and I don’t know if Rupert will get nominated next year, but I won’t be surprised when he does get nominated for an Oscar one day. I just have a gut feeling about it and my gut feelings are usually right.

yweasley
January 15th, 2009 at 2:26 AM

was watching original brideshead revisited, saw a scene of the actor’s bum. it inspired me.

fantasy scene: for hbp
a hot summer day harry, ron, hermione, & ginny are at the pond swimming, laughing, having the best time. the girls decide to come out and rest by a nearby tree. ron & harry decided to race. while at the burrow, fred & george arrive and see the scene outside. take one look and decided to have some fun at the boys expense. a flick of their wands and evanesco aimed straight at their shorts. ron/harry were not aware of their suddenly disappearing shorts. they swam back to the girls and got out. NAKED! to the dismay of the girls. they screamed and started to laugh and hide their eyes. ron/harry couldn’t understand what was happening until ron spoke “hey what’s going on?” ginny screamed “you’re completely naked, you git.” the boys looked down to discover they were in fact, completely naked. they ran to the girls to grab the towels and their clothes, which suddenly disappeared. ron told harry to run and they did. while the girls were screaming with laughter and took a peek of them running towards the house where they were confronted by Mrs Weasley and the evil laugh of a pair of twins.

francaise3
January 15th, 2009 at 7:16 AM

ha ha good one yweasley! :) wouldnt want to mes with the twins! :)

KC
January 15th, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Good Morning ICM’ers!!! (we should really give ourselves a name)
Just thought i’d check up on the site.. see ya. Off to school. :P

Ivana
January 15th, 2009 at 9:33 AM

We do have a name KC! In fact three names:
1) RupieGroupies
2) ICM Street Team
3) Perverted Degenerates
*choose the most appropriate one*

francaise3
January 15th, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Well – I think I am definitely the first two! As for the third – I do have strong tendencies for it lately :D

January 15th, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Errr…. Ice Cream Women?! *sorrytoallmalepeoplehere*

Ivana
January 15th, 2009 at 10:36 AM

LOL excellent Karo! ICW :D

brittany
January 15th, 2009 at 11:00 AM

man where is that trailer. i’m at school & i thought it’ld be here by now.

January 15th, 2009 at 11:03 AM

The Mrs. Whippys

January 15th, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Ivanna, pm!

Jo
January 15th, 2009 at 11:54 AM

new post

Bilius
January 15th, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Stop That!! Each time you street peeps say “Email!” or “PM!” I start to salivate uncontrollably. Sheesh.

Newer Comments »