Cherrybomb Soundtrack Update; First Exclusive Track!

January 11th, 2009 3:30 AM: Last year we reported that the rock Irish band the Twinkranes were one of the first reported to be featured on the “Cherrybomb” soundtrack.  Their music gave us a bit of insight into the whole vibe and mood of Cherrybomb. We are now excited to share with you the first exclusive song that will be featured on the soundtrack by another Ireland indie band Cashier No. 9 .  The song is titled “Goodbye Friend”. Remember that Cherrybomb has an ongoing theme so many of us have speculated this track could mean the end of a friendship? You decide. Click here to visit Cashier No. 9’s myspace to listen to the song and feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about it with us in the comments!

~Many thanks to Laura~

37 Comments to "Cherrybomb Soundtrack Update; First Exclusive Track!"

aquarian
January 11th, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Even early in the morning, this site has exclusives! Love the music, kinda mellow, its a very unique sound, but I had a bit hard time following the lyrics. From the looks of the pics and the sounds of the song, CB is definitely going to be an interesing and artsy film.

Darcy
January 11th, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I love it! It sounds edgy just like the movie. Too bad I can’t make out most of the lyrics.
Thanks Laura & everyone.

Erudite
January 11th, 2009 at 4:36 AM

That Cashier Number 9 song is very beautiful. The Twinkranes have a very unique sound. From what we are gathering from the Directors’ histories and talents, the set designer, the music, and some of the actors (Robbie’s short film anyone?), this movie is going to be very arthouse.

I think it will be like nothing we’ve seen, and Rupert is going to make a huge impression!

haron
January 11th, 2009 at 5:03 AM

I love this song,thanks Laura

KC
January 11th, 2009 at 5:05 AM

I’ll have to listen to it in the morning

wicked jo
January 11th, 2009 at 6:48 AM

I love this song, it really seems to fit the plot of the movie.
thanks again to one of our best “private investigators” Laura for finding this 🙂

Laura
January 11th, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Yay you posted it!!!!

I’m totally hooked on Cashier no. 9 now. I also love their song “When Jackie shone”.

Vanessa
January 11th, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I love it! This movie is gonna be the shiit!

Ivana
January 11th, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Jo where art thou? I need you to add your comments to you-know-what…

mollywobbles
January 11th, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I tried to make out the lyrics as best as I could:

Goodbye friend
Where they takin’ you?
Somewhere south of the city
And if the cash is there
Then you’re cashing in
The future’s looking pretty
Oh oh

I searched long
But he i’ gone
He’s turned his back
On another one
It’s time to ???
Here’s to the good times we had

But the second I choose
Remembering you
??? my shoes (?) to this time
Chasing eons
Claiming my castles
A stab in my back
Keeping ???
Smile with my face to the ground
And close down this town

Remain, resist
Retain a clenching fist
I recall ??? yesterday
You burn religions (?) (friendships?)
And spent all your riches

So it’s goodbye
thanks a lot
Couldn’t let my eyes snap shut
Eyes roll back through the better years
Back through the bread line
Waltzing the fine line for me

But the second I choose
Remembering you
??? my shoes (?) to this time
Chasing eons
Claiming my castles
A stab in my back
Keeping ???
Smile with my face to the ground
And close down this town

If anyone from Ireland wants to do it better than me, feel free. lol I’m pretty good at understanding accents for a girl who has a hard time hearing certain tones of the male voice. It’s genetic.

TaoTao
January 11th, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I really do think this is a song that will be played as the friends break up over a girl. I really think careful planning will go into this.

Quotidias
January 11th, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Great song! It’s good to hear something from the film so we can get a better feel for the atmosphere the film will have, and music is a huge part of that. Now I’m wondering how it will be used in CB.

This group is one I’ll have to start listening to, I think. I like all the songs on their MySpace page.

January 11th, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Bugger. I bet the trailer comes out tomorrow, cause I’m sick and am barely able to look at the screen without getting a headache.

Jazz
January 11th, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Amazing song! Thanks mollywobles for the lyrics! Yeah it makes sence to think that it’s about Malachy and Luke’s friendship falling apart.

Val
January 11th, 2009 at 3:04 PM

The song is great!!
Thanks mollywobbles cuz I had bad times trying to understand the lyrics.

For sure its about the boys friendship.. Wow I just Imagine the scene of the photo we got of Luke sitting with that sad face..

Trailer where are you?!?! Honestly girls im going crazy!! But we will be so happy all year long!!

aquarian
January 11th, 2009 at 3:18 PM

My gut feeling is telling me that we’ll get the trailer this week, I hope this feeling is right. I have the worst work week ever coming up, so If the trailer came out tomorrow, it would be a wonderful way to take the edge off of the week from hell at the j-o-b!

Ivana
January 11th, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I’m so going to own that soundtrack as soon as it’s released.
Hands up those of you who used to binge on DL soundtrack some two years ago!
*raises her hand up*
LOL actually I still do that from time to time….

“I heard from the trees a great parade
And I heard from the hills a band was made
Will I be invited to the sound?
Will I be a part of what you’ve made?”

TaoTao
January 11th, 2009 at 3:26 PM

LOL I bought the soundtrack on itunes! I think I’d buy this in the store just to own the cover… Not that I didn’t want to own the cover before, but I dunno, there is something about CB and owning that CD cover. 😛

January 11th, 2009 at 3:44 PM

but… we don’t even know what the cover will look like?!

Ivana
January 11th, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I like to own cds, with proper covers and booklets and everything. Call it a fetish.

Newer Comments »