Various Rupert Grint Tidbits

No major news this morning, I’m afraid… However, here are a couple of things worthy of your attention.

First, We Are Movie Geeks has a great review of Order of the Phoenix that I hadn’t seen before. Of course they got nothing but words of praise for Rupert:

The rest I will let you discover for yourself, but just know that the cast is solid, all but a couple shaky moments from Emma Watson as Hermione, with Rupert Grint out acting all of the kids in the movies.

Read the review here, and we’ll be adding it to our Rave Reviews section shortly!

Second, Variety has revealed that the production company Matador Pictures has backed Wild Target financially, hence, despite the infamous credit crunch and recession affecting even the major Hollywood studios, Wild Target funding won’t be affected. According to Variety:

Matador Pictures operates a series of equity funds for low-budget pics under the government’s Enterprise Investment Scheme, most recently backing “Wild Target” from CinemaNX.

Read the article here, and we’ll make sure to contact Matador Pictures to see if their involvement with Wild Target ends here. 😉

Also, Rupert is mentioned in a feature entitled How to start an Acting Career when I’m still in High School, posted by eHow. If you’re interested in following in Rupert’s footsteps, you might find the tips offered by eHow interesting/useful, so read them here.

Another thing (not Rupert related), J.K. Rowling’s American publisher Scholastic has announced an essay contest for American readers aged 8-17 to attend the launch of her latest book The Tales of Beedle the Bard in Edinburgh, Scotland on 4 December 2008 and meet JKR herself. In order to enter, fans are asked to write an essay of 200 words or less describing how they have helped others. Download the complete contest rules here. Thanks Gryffindor Gazette.

Let me also remind you that there’s only one day left to apply if you are interested in networking for Rupert with our affiliate Reelz Channel! As you might recall, ICM has been invited to attend the Reelz Channel’s Director’s Contribution Party in Los Angeles on 23 October and we are giving a chance for one fan to attend along with ICM staffer Lyn. If you are over 21 & from California, and think you’ve got what it takes to promote Rupert, then write in and tell us why you would be the perfect candidate! Email to staff@rupert-grint.us.

And if you happen to be Scottish and would like to meet Rupert’s Cherrybomb co-star Robert Sheehan, he will be attending the 2008 Discovery Festival in Dundee on 1-2 November. Find all the relevant info here.

Finally, don’t forget our Rupert’s Army October Project – only ten days left to stuff Empire with our letters! The guidelines can be found here.

93 Comments to "Various Rupert Grint Tidbits"

Lilly
October 22nd, 2008 at 10:15 AM

KI , I said at the comment what he should do after finished WT:
give us an answer about our birthday gift to him!

Do you remember, the scrapbook?
Does anybody remember, here? 😀
Well, I hope he does too!

jo
October 22nd, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Lilly don’t worry, Rupert is quite aware of everything, we just can’t share some things at this time but hopefully soon everybody will be smiling!

Ivana
October 22nd, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Workin’ on it Lilly, but hush-hush! 😉

Ivana
October 22nd, 2008 at 10:58 AM

oh, great minds think alike. 🙂

talley
October 22nd, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Watched the recent Al Murray interview and it’s amazing how much different Rupert looks now than then. ‘A hell of alot taller and broader’ as one young lady would say, but his face is more manly and not because of the scrubbly stuff. He’s a full grown man now.

Ivana
October 22nd, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Oh yeah, he’s changed… *rejoices*

Lilly
October 22nd, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Oh, girls I know you´re working on!!
You´re the best team Rupert´s fans could have!
I was just remember (and teasing) HIM about that! 😀

Talley, I think the new hair cut made a lot for him!
He probably just had ” a full man face” a long time but was hidden behind his wonderful hair! 😉
What I really want to see are “the inside” changes that to film two movies without WB crowd around him certainly made in his confidence!

Oh, and maybe I´ll post another drawing tomorrow, and I think you´ll love it because it comes together with a hot R&Hr fanfic that my friend Willowwand wrote for it! 😉

Ivana
October 22nd, 2008 at 12:45 PM

yay Lilly! Can’t wait. 🙂

Laura
October 22nd, 2008 at 1:03 PM

I saw someone today that looked exactly like Rupert.

God I miss him. Where are you boy?

Lilly
October 22nd, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Great, Ivana!!
I just want to figure out where to put a link for them here since the fanart is rated R and the fic is NC-17! :S

Ha, Laura! The same here! 😀
I almost crash the car!
We´re all on a desert having mirages!

Ivana
October 22nd, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I see Rupert’s lookalikes every day in the street. We got a great supply of redheads here! (Most white folks in Manchester are of Irish descent.) 🙂

Laura
October 22nd, 2008 at 1:41 PM

There are alot of redheads over at my college aswell, though not as handsome as Rupert 😉

God I keep dreaming about coming to this site and on the top it says CHERRYBOMB TRAILER ONLINE!! and then I totally spaz and I wake up and turn sad.

Sigh……

jo
October 22nd, 2008 at 1:47 PM

That makes me sad too Laura. Damn.

talley
October 22nd, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Looking forward to it Lilly. You know the stories you do the drawings for I haven’t read, but I’ve favoriteded them so when I have time (which I don’t lately) I’ll read them.

At least it sound like we will be getting something new soon just not NOW.

wicked jo
October 22nd, 2008 at 2:46 PM

“jo Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 10:57 am

Ivana Says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 10:57 am
Workin’ on it Lilly, but hush-hush! ”

ohhhh that made me all smiley! so we do have some good stuff coming you girls are “hiding” yay I can’t wait to see what that surprise will be! 😀

so glad to hear about a new drawing Lilly, you know I’m a fan of yours (honestly) 😉

Laura
October 22nd, 2008 at 2:55 PM

This might be a good time to start on my Rupert vid 🙂

I still don’t have a song *lolz* but I kinda fell in love with the song Hanna used for her latest RE vid. A FINE FRENZY – Ashes And Wine
But it doesn’t really apply to Rupert but it would beautifully with pics and quotes.

Ki
October 22nd, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Do whatever you want Laura, but a RUPERT vid would be really good right about now. 😀

Laura
October 22nd, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Okay i’ll start on it right now Kitty and try to put up a preview later tonight 😀

brittany
October 22nd, 2008 at 4:03 PM

did you guys read the celebrity stories.. idk but i just found it funnii. it was on crazy celbe dreams frenzy

One embarrassing celebrity dream I had was about Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter movies. He was really interested in me and I wasn’t sure how I felt about him. We had just started dating, and he was hanging around my family for the first time. My brothers thought it was weird, but they kept quiet. Ron was holding my hand as we walked around a crazy psychedelic museum with odd shaped rooms. Then we stopped in this room to watch a movie of some kind. I was sitting with my little brother and my other family members were seated behind me but they couldn’t really see me. All of the sudden we just started making out like crazy. He proceeded to go down on me under a blanket and I didn’t know how to react. It felt really strange. So after we left the room, my little brother was like “nice job making out with Ron over there during the movie” I was like “you could hear us?” and he said “Yes!” Apparently the rest of family didn’t seem to notice. The last thing I remember was pulling aside Rupert and yelling at him! So embarrassing, but hot.” –Sarah

Lilly
October 22nd, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Girlssssssssssss!!!
Enock just called me and said he will post three unseen HQ photos of Rupert this night and three more tomorrow!!

And just for all of us to droll a lot, a preview of what will come! 😀

Oh, I loved his hair “flying in the wind”!

[img]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8226/11389278bt3.jpg[/img]