Various Rupert Grint Tidbits

No major news this morning, I’m afraid… However, here are a couple of things worthy of your attention.

First, We Are Movie Geeks has a great review of Order of the Phoenix that I hadn’t seen before. Of course they got nothing but words of praise for Rupert:

The rest I will let you discover for yourself, but just know that the cast is solid, all but a couple shaky moments from Emma Watson as Hermione, with Rupert Grint out acting all of the kids in the movies.

Read the review here, and we’ll be adding it to our Rave Reviews section shortly!

Second, Variety has revealed that the production company Matador Pictures has backed Wild Target financially, hence, despite the infamous credit crunch and recession affecting even the major Hollywood studios, Wild Target funding won’t be affected. According to Variety:

Matador Pictures operates a series of equity funds for low-budget pics under the government’s Enterprise Investment Scheme, most recently backing “Wild Target” from CinemaNX.

Read the article here, and we’ll make sure to contact Matador Pictures to see if their involvement with Wild Target ends here. 😉

Also, Rupert is mentioned in a feature entitled How to start an Acting Career when I’m still in High School, posted by eHow. If you’re interested in following in Rupert’s footsteps, you might find the tips offered by eHow interesting/useful, so read them here.

Another thing (not Rupert related), J.K. Rowling’s American publisher Scholastic has announced an essay contest for American readers aged 8-17 to attend the launch of her latest book The Tales of Beedle the Bard in Edinburgh, Scotland on 4 December 2008 and meet JKR herself. In order to enter, fans are asked to write an essay of 200 words or less describing how they have helped others. Download the complete contest rules here. Thanks Gryffindor Gazette.

Let me also remind you that there’s only one day left to apply if you are interested in networking for Rupert with our affiliate Reelz Channel! As you might recall, ICM has been invited to attend the Reelz Channel’s Director’s Contribution Party in Los Angeles on 23 October and we are giving a chance for one fan to attend along with ICM staffer Lyn. If you are over 21 & from California, and think you’ve got what it takes to promote Rupert, then write in and tell us why you would be the perfect candidate! Email to staff@rupert-grint.us.

And if you happen to be Scottish and would like to meet Rupert’s Cherrybomb co-star Robert Sheehan, he will be attending the 2008 Discovery Festival in Dundee on 1-2 November. Find all the relevant info here.

Finally, don’t forget our Rupert’s Army October Project – only ten days left to stuff Empire with our letters! The guidelines can be found here.

93 Comments to "Various Rupert Grint Tidbits"

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 7:31 AM

yeah, well IOM has a special status in the UK, at least when it comes to tax exemptions… in fact, they are a separate federal entity, and the taxing system is much more flexible than in the UK. That’s why it’s a convenient place to make movies… although the weather is shitty.

wicked jo
October 21st, 2008 at 7:55 AM

another rave review 😀 yay!

francaise3
October 21st, 2008 at 8:11 AM

*imagines reviews for HBP, WT and expecially CB!!!!!* gosh…

Ki
October 21st, 2008 at 8:18 AM

What blows me away about the reviews is the fact that out of the trio, Rupert has the least amount of material to work with. Dan is Harry had all the Sirius angst to go with, Emma gets everyone’s lines, and Rupert is just, you know, gets whatever is left. So if he can “out act” the rest with the OOTP matieral, IMAGINE what he’ll do with HBP, Cherrybomb, and Wild Target?

With DL, he did a really good job, but Ben wasn’t really a stretch of a character to play. But we’ll finally see Rupert come into his own with Cherrybomb and Wild Target

talley
October 21st, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Before work begins wanted to say I have added writing to Empire to my “to do” list. Where was Dan heard to be singing? Since I asked on last post I’ll try again a fresh, anyone know the song played on the later part of the Wild Target video. You know the one he’s walking! The singer/band/song title???? Thanks.

francaise3
October 21st, 2008 at 9:02 AM

oh.. Dan singing – check SS – he ans Richard Griffits are singing in an interview! 😀 funny! 🙂

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Agree 100% Ki! I mean, I hate OotP because Rupert wasn’t permitted to say a single complete sentence – but he’s such a natural that he still transformed every little scene into his own.

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Cool Talley! I know I’m a bit boring with the Empire project, but those buggers have to realise that Rupert’s fans mean business.
Please save your letters once you’ve written them, because we’ll be needing them in the future as well! Any suggestions which magazine we should bug next? 😉

suzeeq
October 21st, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Acting is not just about saying lines. It’s your body language, your expressions, your reactions to the situations around you and also when the shot was not focused on him, you can still see him in the scene. He was still there and not just standing there acting like “well , I ‘m not really saying anything here, so I’ll just stand and look clueless”. LOL

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Heh, the only good thing about this news draught is that ICM is still featured on Rupert’s IMDb page, in the News Desk section: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0342488/
Once the news kick in, we’re going to expire. (Not that I care, really) 😀

jo
October 21st, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Great update Ivana. I’m officially back from my NK adventure so I’ll be checking in on a few things for us this week so hang tough guys, noooooo pun intended lol.

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Jo, NKOTB will be performing in Manchester on 16 January! Fancy joining me? 😉

jo
October 21st, 2008 at 10:02 AM

I was just talking with my friend last night about going to a UK show, why not!

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 10:07 AM

Cool! There are still tickets left, they cost about £45-50. I haven’t even checked VIP tickets, I can’t afford them now anyway…

Ivana
October 21st, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Guys we got some minor gallery updates, will be adding more pics soon. So, what do you say, are Rupert’s eyes green, blue or grey here? LOL: http://www.rupert-grint.us/~taoicm1/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=dynamicalbum.UpdatesAlbum&g2_albumId=7&g2_itemId=57028

jo
October 21st, 2008 at 2:30 PM

They look green to me here. 🙂

talley
October 21st, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Green overall but his does get shades of blue when the colors around him influence them. Hubby’s is “blue” but really is grey. Sometimes when he wears darker clothing his eyes have a light green look. When he wears white or blue, man, his eyes are blue. Everything between that they are grey.

wicked jo
October 21st, 2008 at 2:47 PM

back to Rupert’s eye color chat huh? we always end up going there when there’s nothing major to discuss, I love that. 😀 *they look green/grey-ish to me in that pic*

Anonymous
October 21st, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Hmm they look green though in the bloody CB pic they look clear blue. He’s got such ~~magical~~ eyes. *lolz* *misses Rupert*

Laura