Rupert Grint Dishes On Lavender Auditions, His Favorite Subject and Ping Pong!

Thanks to Natalie of Jessie Cave Fan for letting us know that the trio was interviewed in Teen Magazine where they talked about different things and Rupert talks about the auditions with Lavender Brown.

We heard you checked out the top five actresses who auditioned to play Lavender Brown. What was that like?

(Laughs) Yeah, I went to some of the final stages of the auditions. It was really cool to be involved in that side of it, not that I really had any say. There were some good girls, but we didn’t do the kiss. We didn’t even talk about the kiss until the day we actually did it. But Jessie (Cave), who got the part of Lavender, is really cool.

Potions are a big part of the story. How were you at chemistry in real life?
I quite enjoyed it — the stuff with the Bunsen burners — but I never went to school much because I did most of my learning onset. We didn’t do many experiments, so I missed out on that.

Rumor is there’s a lot of Ping-Pong played on set and Emma is the one to beat!
I don’t like playing her because it’s really embarassing. She’s so much better than me and Dan, but we’re getting good. We’re quite quick!

Emma had this to say about beating Rupert in table tennis:

What’s your secret to being the onset Ping-Pong champ?
My parents played and they’re really competitive. They never user to let me win, so I got quite good at it. Dan and Rupert were quite taken aback that I could beat them. I think Rupert took it the worst.

UPDATE: We now have a scan from this article featuring the slightly different pose of Ron in his Quidditch uniform in our gallery here!

154 Comments to "Rupert Grint Dishes On Lavender Auditions, His Favorite Subject and Ping Pong!"

Jo
September 6th, 2008 at 12:10 PM

SQUEEEE! Rupert hates losing because he is sooo competitive! Love it. Tao the text is small, need to fix it a bit! :)

francaise3
September 6th, 2008 at 12:11 PM

uhh.. sounds very good! Scaaaans.. where aaaaare youuuuu? 😀

Jo
September 6th, 2008 at 12:11 PM

oh never mind, you did!

TaoTao
September 6th, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Oh, for the comments? Yeah, I had to do a lot of work on that. lol You should’ve seen me trying to fix all that. I had to trick it. Mwahaha!

I swear, I’d go out and look for the mag, but we’re sort of in the middle of a hurricane…

TaoTao
September 6th, 2008 at 12:23 PM

LOL I love him. I swear, it’s a Virgo thing. You’re all like, “Wait, I can be better than that!” I hope it’s competitive in an endearing way. 😛

Ivana
September 6th, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Tell me about it, I got two Virgo parents! You guys should see them playing ping-pong, or chess, or anything – it’s a war in the house!

Vanessa
September 6th, 2008 at 12:33 PM

“I hope it’s competitive in an endearing way.” – Tao

As do I. I can be so competitive sometimes but i’m never that serious about it. Seriously competitive people annoy me. Its like “calm the hell down, its just a game!”

TaoTao
September 6th, 2008 at 12:37 PM

LOL I definitely can’t speak for Rupert, but I can tell you how I am. And I like to be better if I know I can, but I don’t take it so seriously if I lose or anything. I mean, that’s just lame. But if I know I can be better, than I’ll try my hardest to do it.

AJ
September 6th, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Well d*mn, MN FINALLY posted the news….

Still waiting for HPANA…

Well I suppose if Rupert flashed HIS “absolute joy” he’d get news quicker too….

Hehehehe…

We should have started another nudity rumor, recall how fast THAT spreaded?

Ho hum….

suzeeq
September 6th, 2008 at 12:54 PM

AJ
September 6th, 2008 at 12:56 PM

“Well she did say she was the queen of table tennis and Rupert was a deadly pool player.”
~suzeeq

That sounds like a good movie!!!!

Very Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but in the sports world….

I can not STAND hearing, seeing, or even thinking about Bragelina. They are so overexposed to me….

Although, I do want to see that new Brad Pitt movie.

AJ
September 6th, 2008 at 1:12 PM

It’s raining HARDER now Tao….

Marisol
September 6th, 2008 at 1:12 PM

LOL, he should come to my uni for some bunsen burner experiments xDDD.
& that was a very cute interview, I want to SEE him in an interview though, I’m sure he’s more talkative now, but still uses his famous ‘cools’.

Natalie
September 6th, 2008 at 1:31 PM

please only credit our site.

Merse
September 6th, 2008 at 1:39 PM

awww you should mention that bit about dan telling rupert about the monkey thing too.

that was funny.

suzeeq
September 6th, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Yeah, all these magazines are going to start releasing their interviews and set reports, especially the printed ones. Notice the release date didn’t change. They were probably already printed and ready to go before that idiot movie company decided to spring their new release date on them.

Laura
September 6th, 2008 at 1:58 PM

I love the slightly different quidditch!Ron pic!! It’s all his eyes baby. Fuck yeah.

Laura
September 6th, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Forgot a word
* It’s all IN his eyes

TaoTao
September 6th, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I love it! Again, in one scene, he conveys everything with just a look in his eyes. He looks like he wants to puke. LOL

Natalie
September 6th, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Tao, did you read my comment? Please only credit my site. I don’t want another site taking half the credit when I typed all that.

Newer Comments »