Welcome back, again!

Hi everyone! I apologize once again for the terrible ordeal ICM has gone through the past week or so. We had gotten everything going and then the hacker struck again. This is unfortunate, but we deal. We will be moving to a new host and unfortunately because of Coppermine’s obvious security flaws, we’ll be switching to a new gallery. Hopefully this will be better than ever! During the time of the switch to a new host, ICM might be unaccessible for up to 24 hours. This is mandatory for us to be more secure and at a better place. Until then, have fun. The forum is still operational, and should be fine. The media site still works and has never had any harm. If you run into any area with problems, please let me know and I will fix them. For the record, IE users seem to be the ones experiencing the most problems with this. I suggest using FireFox.

Also for fun, there is a new ‘article’ by The Sun in which Rupert talks about Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, LA, and HBP. We caution that this is probably a bit sensationalized because The Sun is a well known tabloid. But with the recent problems we thought we’d give everyone a laugh. Now some of this might be true, but I’m just suggesting that you take most, if not all, with a grain of salt. Any way, you can view the article here. Thanks to SnitchSeeker for letting us know!

UPDATE: As assumed, the little piece from the Sun is definitely bogus recently confirmed by the WB. But hey, I’m all for a good laugh. 🙂 Thanks to Suzeeq for the tip!

52 Comments to "Welcome back, again!"

July
April 17th, 2008 at 1:38 AM

ICM back! \o\ /o/ \o\

WickedJo
April 17th, 2008 at 5:42 AM

Welcome back ICM!!!oh I can’t wait for the new site, I can see it’s going to be even better, I’m so excited! Yeah,it was quite obvious since the begining that article was fake, Rupert wouldn’t say that (although I kinda agree with it)…also the stuff about the Lavender/Ron/Hermione scenes sound fishy to me, he just wouldn’t say that.

wegc
April 17th, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Wow! ~~~ so happy!! ICM is back!
I am going to die without ICM.
Thanks a loooooot, Tao! And Jo, of course. >_*

April 17th, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I’m glad you guys are excited about ICM’s return. 🙂 Please spread the word. I’m sure there are a ton of people who don’t know! And I promise, that at least what we’ve experienced is completely gone. And we’ll be moving to a very secure server and I will never be using Coppermine again!

RonFan
April 17th, 2008 at 3:25 PM

So glad you are mostly back to normal. I can’t understand why people do this sort of thing especially to sites run by volunteers with no commercial gain involved.

Just could you check the “contact me” on “Site Stuff” at the bottom, I got strange things even now.

Keep up the good work you deserve our support with all this lot.

Bilius
April 17th, 2008 at 4:18 PM

(looks around for large wooden horses…..) Whew! Ok, thank you Tao for not giving up. We love you. I never believed Rupert said such things to the press, but I really can see them mangling his answers. I did think the article was hilarious though.

smurf1
April 17th, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Thanks for getting ICM back…I really missed it! It sucks that the attack happened, but it’ll only make the site better from here forward. The things people do….sad!

jo
April 17th, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Thanks for comments guys! We survived it and things like this only makes us better!

hlfbprincess
April 17th, 2008 at 8:44 PM

I’m so glad everything is ok w/ the site! when i tried to open it I just thought my computer was messed up, but it turns out it was a prolem for everone (which still isn’t good). That thing about rupert and The Sun really dosen’t seem like anything he would ever say, but Lindsay and Paris really haven’t done anything to make their reputation’s better. I just hate the fact that they used/ pretended that rupert dised them instead of just going straight out and just saing what they feel about the two themselves! Oh well, I guess that’s a tabloid for you! again, so glad to see everything is ok! : ]

hlfbprincess
April 17th, 2008 at 8:46 PM

oh, also wanted to say that I totally agree with Darliene about Rupert’s shoes in that pic; I so would lick them! : ] (just not on the bottom)

mench
April 17th, 2008 at 10:53 PM

I miss this place.

Daniel
May 2nd, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I couldn’t understand some parts of this article Welcome back, again!, but I guess I just need to check some more resources regarding this, because it sounds interesting.

« Older Comments